I - Forty Two

I just want you guys to know that I'm listening to Ariana Grande's Into You while I'm making this, though it's not related to this chapter, but kinda. Lol.

Victoria's Point of View

I have been trying to understand what this concept mean, I really hate Immunology and I don't know what to do to understand this subject plus the fact that Harry left this time of the night made me feel like I don't wanna study anymore.

I opened my Facebook and surprised that my professor made our group chat for the subject, which may come in my convenience, give the fact that my professor gave us the permission to ask questions if we can't understand a thing.

I typed my question in the chat box, but I know that no one is going to reply at this time, either they are studying or having sex. I know, no one's asleep at 12.16 am.

One person messaged me right after I typed the question and my jaw dropped.

It was my long time crush, Evan Peters.

"Hi, I can help if you want to. :)"

I almost screamed but I covered my mouth in respond, fearing that Valarie will wake up.

"Sure Evan, but wait, are you taking my course as well? How come that I don't see you in class?" Wow, I sound kinda, weird?

"I'm always sitting at the back, Victoria, and I always see you sitting in front, near the door." He responded, shit. Why does he sound that creepy?

"Wow, I didn't know that you're that observant." I pressed enter and saw that he "seen" me so since I'm just a typical girl who gets giddy when her crush chats her so I have to make another move, "So how's Emma?" Emma is his girlfriend and a good friend of mine. I know that even though I'm getting married to Harry doesn't mean I'm allowed to have a crush on someone.

"Emma's fine. We broke up last month." He responded and I was shocked. I know that they've been together for a long time already.

"I'm sorry to hear that." I said, "I hope you're coping up."

"I am, don't worry. Anyways, about the course work, when do you want to discuss it?" He asked, "Where do you wanna meet up?"

What? Meet up? With my long time crush? I don't know what to say!

"Maybe, just here in my place? But.. I have my daughter here but I swear she's the most behaved infant ever. She's a good girl." I pressed "enter" and waited for his response. I can see the typing bubble and it's taking him too long and it's making me anxious.

"I love babies. Maybe after class tomorrow." He answered and I exhaled the biggest exhale ever. Why is he making me nervous? "How's Harry anyways?"

"He's doing good." I replied and was shocked when someone closed the door. I pressed "enter" and went out of my room.

I saw Harry standing at our living room. He looks distracted. "Harry?" He looked up at me and I ran downstairs to hug him, "Are you okay? What happened?"

"I'm okay. I.. just need some sleep. I'm so sleepy." He answered and hugged me tightly, "Victoria.." He breathed through my hair.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Whatever happens, I love you and I want what's best for you and Valarie, okay?" He held my jaw and he's an inch away from my face.

"Wait, I'm confused, what's going.."

"I want you to be happy and I won't let anyone hurt you." He said and I nodded, "I love you."

I hugged him in response, "I love you too and no one's gonna hurt me." I carefully pulled away from him, "But are you really okay?" He nodded, "I know you are not and I know you don't want to tell me what's going on, but whatever that is, I won't ever leave you and I will understand you with ever fiber of me. Okay?"

I held his hand, "Come on, let's go to bed. I'm sleepy too."

We went to our bedroom and he plopped his tired body on our bed, I know that Harry has a big problem on his shoulder and I won't force him to tell me unless he is ready. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and when I returned, he's already snoring.

I'm looking for my phone and I remembered that I left it at my study room, and shit! I totally forgot about Evan. I opened my laptop again and I saw his reply,

"Good to know. I hope he's doing a good job on being a father. Anyways, I have to go. See you tomorrow."

I haven't got the chance to reply because I heard Valarie screaming, which made me stumble on one of my picture frames and it broke on the floor. I was shocked when I saw a picture of Harry and I on the floor. I'm being nervous now as I ran towards Valarie's room and held her in my arms, "I just hope that everything will be okay.." I murmured as I let Valarie sleep in my arms.

*

I woke up and I let my arm look for my boyfriend's presence but he is not there. I stood and called his name.

"Harry? Where are you?"

But no one answered. Maybe he's downstairs making some pancakes, but when I got there, he isn't there.

Where could he be? Maybe he went to work, but he's on a break?

He didn't left any note.

I grabbed my phone and dial his number but he can't be reached.

What? Maybe his phone is off, but I know that he won't let that happen to his phone.

My heart is racing so fast and I'm about to cry, I don't feel good about this but I tried to remain calm. Since Harry isn't here and no one's going to take good care of my daughter, I decided that I won't go to school today.

I went to my daughter's room and she's still sleeping. It was already 7.30 in the morning and I know that the class already started. I felt my phone vibrated on my pocket, it was Evan.

"Why aren't you here?" He asked.

"No one's going to take care of Valarie. Harry's not here." I replied shoved my phone back to my back pocket.

I went to the kitchen and decided to use the phone to call Anne or Gemma, but they both don't know where Harry is. I know that I shouldn't be panicking but I'm just not feeling good about this.

I went back to our bedroom because I wanted to take a good shower so I can calm myself, but what I saw broke my heart into million pieces...

Harry's things are gone.