08: What Are You Looking At?

Violet walked over to Daniels table and sat down smiling at him

"Hey, Violet. Why did you want to meet?" Daniel asks.
"Just thought we should get to know each other seeing as you are dating my childhood bestfriend." Violet answers before laughing. "Sorry I'm in a jumper and sweats I have been busy all day and haven't had time to go back home and get ready. I have somewhere to be right after this."
"That's okay don't worry." Daniel says also laughing. "Do you want to order something to eat?"
"I'm not really hungry but I wouldn't mind getting a drink." Violet tells him.
"Okay." Daniel says as the bell at the front door rings to signal someone had walked in.
Both Violet and Daniel look to see Bethany and Jason walking in.
"Oh my God." Violet says acting shocked.
"Who is that guy Beth is with?" Daniel asks looking at Violet.
"I have no clue." Violet says lying. "He looks familiar though."
"Really?" Daniel asks. "From where?"
"I don't know I think I've met him a few times." Violet tells Daniel looking at him for a split second before looking down then looking up again.
"I'm going over to talk to her and find out." Daniel says before standing up.
"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Violet asks also standing up.
"No. But I'm going to do it anyway." Daniels says before heading over.
Violet smirks before following him.
"Beth?" Daniel asks as he makes it to the table that Bethany and Jason are at.
"Babe! Hey." Bethany says standing up and going to hug Daniel but Daniel steps back. "What's wrong, bubs?"
"Who's this?" Daniel asks pointing at Jason.
"Oh this is my friend Jason. Jason this is my boyfriend Daniel." Bethany says before looking at Violet. "Hey Vi."
"Hey Beth." Violet replies.
"Why are you hanging out with him?" Daniel asks confused.
"I could ask you the same thing." Beth replies.
"You have known Violet for years! I have never met this Jason dude! It's completely different." Daniel says shaking his head.
"What about that girl I saw you with the other day?" Bethany asks.
"What girl!?" Daniel asks raising his voice causing everyone to look at them and Violet to roll her eyes.
"What are you all looking at?" Violet asks, causing everyone to look away.
"That brown long haired girl I saw you with two days ago!" Bethany says.
"Oh my God! Bethany that was my sister!" Daniel tells her raising his voice again.
"Well it's not my fault I didn't know! You never mentioned her and we have been dating for years now!" Bethany says.
"Because I am trying to separate myself from them!" Daniel says.
"Then why were you with her!" Bethany asks.
"She wanted to give me some on my stuff I left at the house last time I was there." Daniel tells Bethany.
"When were you last there?" Bethany asks.
"A few weeks. I was just finalising a few things with them." Daniel answers.
"I think me and Jason better leave you guys to talk things through." Violet says. "Come on J."
"So you did know him!" Daniel says.
"What do you mean." Violet asks.
"You would only call him by a nickname if you knew him." Daniel says.
"Maybe I do know him." Violet says before walking away then turning around. "You coming J."
"Yeah." Jason says before walking towards Violet then they leave the building after Violet gives Bethany a reassuring smile.

Jason and Violet get back into the car before Jason takes Violet home.
"Thanks for doing this." Violet says as they pull up to her house. "And not just the car ride but what you did for Bethany."
"It's okay." Jason says.
Violet smiles before getting out of the car and saying by before heading into the house.