10: You Or Me?

Violet was going to town to get some shopping today then she was just going to chill out

Violet was going to town to get some shopping today then she was just going to chill out. She was about to leave when there was a knock on the door. She opens it to travel Alec standing there.
"Alec hey!" Violet says with a smile opening the door a bit more. "What's up?"
"I really need to talk to you. I have been holding this in for weeks now and I don't know how much longer I can keep it in." Alec explains.
"Okay come in." Violet says stepping aside so Alec could enter the house. "What did you want to talk about?"
"I like you Violet. Like a lot. So much that I don't think I can be just friends with you." Alec says causing Violet to look at him shocked.
"Alec I..." Violet says but Alec cuts her off.
"I know you don't feel the same way but..." Alec starts but this time Violet cuts him off.
"Alec I do feel the same way. But I am still trying to get over Brian. I need a bit more time. I don't want to lose you as a friend because you are a amazing friend to me." Violet explains.
"That's the thing Violet. I don't think I can be just friends with you." Alec tells her causing tears to well up in her eyes.
"Please Alec. Don't do this. I can't not have you in my life." Violet says.
"I'm sorry, Violet but I don't think I can stay." Alec tells her looking down. "It's easier for me to not have you in my life then have you in my life as just a friend."
"But I have told you I like you to I'm just not ready for a relationship yet!" Violet tells him raising her voice.
"I can't just wait around for you to be ready Violet." Alec tells her. "That's not fair on me."
"Alec wait." Violet says as Alec was about to leave the house.
"I can't. I'm sorry Vi. I hope one day we can be friends but for now. This is what is best." Alec tells her.
"Best for who!? You or me?" Violet asks. "Because to me it certainly doesn't feel like it the best for either of us!"
"It is what's best for both of us." Alec tells her. "It will be easier for us to move on from each other."
Alec then leaves the house leaving Violet to burst into tears.
She had just lost her childhood best friend. Alec had been her friend through all of it and she didn't know what it would be like without him in her life. And she never wanted to know. But now she is about to find out.

After a few minutes she lifts herself of the floor and heads into the kitchen to get herself a beer she ends up grabbing a few of them and a bottle opener. She goes into the living room and places the bottles on the table in front of her before sitting down on the sofa. She pops the top off one of them and starts to drink it. After she had just started her sixth one when there was a knock on the door. She places the bottle down on the table and gets up before stunning over to the door. She answers it to see Ellie.
"Hey Vi. Are you okay?" Ellie asks solemnly.
"Yeah I'm good." Violet says slurring her words.
"Are you drunk?" Ellie asks.
"What! I would never be drunk." Violet says.
"I think you need a rest." Ellie tells her taking her inside.
"Fine then." Violet says as they walk up to her bedroom.
Violet gets ready to go to bed then she climbs in and goes to sleep while Ellie goes and today's the living room before leaving.