19: Seeing Things... Seeing Him

It was the day before Violet's birthday and Violet was laying around at home not having much to do

It was the day before Violet's birthday and Violet was laying around at home not having much to do. Layla and Ellie were coming over but until they do Violet was just walking round the house trying to keep herself busy. She was in the kitchen when there was a knock on the door. She put what she was using to clean the sides with down. She walks over and answers the door to see Bethany and Daniel both standing there.
"What are you guys doing here? Together?" Violet asks.
"We need to tell you something, Vi." Bethany tells her.
"Okay. Come in." Violet tells them opening the door wider so they are able to come in. "What do you need to tell me?"
"We um.. saw something and well we think... actually we know you have a right to know." Daniel says.
"And what's up?" Violet asks.
"We umm... we saw Jakob." Bethany says before quickly looking down.
"What do you mean you saw Jakob. Jakob is dead!" Violet says raising her voice at the last bit.
"We might have saw things but Bethany said it was definitely him." Daniel says.
"'No. No. No!" Violet says tears gathering in her eyes. "Jakob is dead! Okay. I don't know if you guys know that or not but he died nearly a year ago. So please don't tell me he's alive when he's not. Okay just leave!"
"Vi." Bethany says with a sigh.
"I said leave!" Violet shouts pointing towards the door.
"Violet you can't just push us away." Daniel says causing Violet to roll her eyes.
"Please just leave. I just need some time, okay? Violet says, Bethany and Daniel nod.
"Come here." Bethany says before hugging Violet. "We are always here for you."
"Thanks." Violet says with a smile hugging Bethany back.
Violet and Bethany pull away and Violet hugs Daniel as well.
Violet let's out a small smile as they leave to reassure them that she was going to be okay.
She then heads back into the kitchen and continues cleaning. After a few minutes there is another knock on the door. Violet let's out a groan before going over and answering the door again to reveal Ellie and Layla.
"Hey guys." Violet says with a small smile.
"Hey Vi." Layla says before her and Ellie walk in.
"How are you feeling today?" Ellie asks.
"Could be better." Violet replies.
"Why what happened?" Ellie asks causing Layla to nudge her.
"You don't have to tell us if you don't want to. We are just worried about you." Layla tells her causing her to smile.
"It's all good. Just Bethany and Daniel came round and told me they saw Jakob." Violet says with a unconvincing laugh.
"Oh come here." Ellie tells her hugging Violet. "It's okay."
"Don't worry I'm okay. Just a bit confused about why they would lie about that. That's all." Violet says hugging Ellie back.
"Are you sure?" Ellie asks pulling away.
"Yes." Violet answers. "It's fine."
"Okay." Layla says.
"Do you guys want to sit down and watch a film." Violet asks as they walk over to the sofa and they sit down.
"Yeah but what film?" Layla asks.
"How about Dirty dancing?" Ellie suggest causing them to laugh.
"Sure. But promise you won't fan girl over Patrick Swayze." Violet always still laughing.
"Deal." Ellie says before a Violet turns on the movie before getting up.
"I'm going to go get us some drinks." Violet says before walking into the kitchen.
Violet gets some some drinks before looking out the window. She looks down to get her hair out her face before looking back up and gasping. Taking steps back u til her back hits the other counters.
"No! No! No!" Violet tells while having a panic attack.
"Violet!" Ellie shouts as her and Layla runs in to the kitchen to see Violet sliding down the cupboards until she is sitting down and placing her knees to her chest.
"Hey, hey, hey." Layla says.
"It's okay." Ellie says as they sit down next to Violet on either side of her.
Soon Violet calms down and they all stand up. Before they have a group hug.
"What happened?" Ellie asks.
"I saw Jakob..."