16: Didn't Make It

Violet was with Lily down town

Violet was with Lily down town. Jakob had left to go somewhere a few days ago and he still hadn't returned. It was safe to say both Lily and Violet were worried sick about where he could be. He hadn't contacted them or anything.
"Vi?" Lily says bringing Violet out of her daze.
"Yeah?" Violet asks.
"I am going to meet Hanna later as she has come down to see her family. Do you want to join us?" Lily asks.
"No it's okay go have fun. I'll probably meet up with Ellie anyway." Violet says taking a sip of her Starbucks drink she had got a few minutes ago.
"Are you sure?" Lily asks.
"Yeah I am sure." Violet says.
Lily's phone goes off and she looks to see a message from Hanna.
"It's Hanna. I got to go meet her are you sure you don't want to come?" Lily asks.
"Yeah I am sure." Violet says.
"Okay. I'll see you later okay. If you need anything call me." Lily says hugging her.
"Will do. And same for you." Violet says before Lily leaves.
Violet calls Ellie who says she is available to hangout so she was on her way to her house.
When Violet gets there Ellie opens the door. Violet walks in expecting to see Layla but doesn't.
"Where is Layla?" Violet asks.
"Oh she's gone out with someone she's had a crush on for ages." Ellie answers.
"Ohhhh... what's his name?" Violet asks as the pair sat down.
"She hasn't told me. So I have no clue. I keep on asking her but she has never told me." Ellie answers. "Even though we have been friends since before she started liking him."
"Well we are just going to have to find a way to get it out of her." Violet answers.
"Don't think there is a way to get her to tell us." Ellie replies.
"I'll find a way." Violet says as they both smile and start laughing.
"Yeah sure you will." Ellie says sarcastically still laughing.
"Yeah I will." Violet says.
"I'll go get us a drink. Beer?" Ellie asks.
"Yes please El." Violet says as Ellie heads into the kitchen.
While Ellie was in the kitchen Violet's phone goes off. She looks down to see no ID and just a random number. She looks at the number confused before answering it and putting the phone to her ear.
"Hello?" Violet asks.
"Is this Violet Toretto or Lily Clark?" The person at the other end asks.
"This is Violet Toretto." Violet answers. "Is everything okay?"
"I am afraid not. Do you have a brother called Jakob Torreto?" The person asks.
"Uhm... Yeah I do." Violet says confused.
"I'm afraid your brother was involved in a accident. We did everything we could but he unfortunately didn't make it." The person tells her.
"Wait what?" Violet says tears coming to her eyes.
"I am so sorry Miss. Toretto but we will contact you with more details when we know them." The person tells her.
"Okay thank you." Violet says before hanging up quickly.
Violet quickly grabs her bag and was about to leave when Ellie reentered the room.
"Where are you going?" Ellie asks.
"I am so sorry El but I have to go." Violet says with tears in her eyes.
"Is everything okay?" Ellie asks seeing the tears.
"Yeah I'm good I just need to go." Violet says before leaving.

Violet runs to Alec's house and as soon as she gets there she knocks on the door. Alec answers the door and Violet collapses into his arms crying.
"Vi? What happened?" Alec asks her.
"It's Jakob." Violet answers.
"What's happened?" Alec asks hugging her tightly.
"He was in a accident. He didn't make it." Violet says more tears running down her face.
Alec just hugs her tightly before taking her inside and she lies down on the couch with her head in Alex's lap while he plays with her hair and she falls to sleep.