30: Hanging Lights

Violet was getting ready to go hangout with Alec for the day when there was a knock on her bedroom door

"Come in." Violet says, putting her Jacket on before the door opens to reveal Grace and Sophia before they close the door behind them.
"Hey Vi." They both say.
"Hey." Violet says, starting to do her makeup.
"Why are you all dressed up?" Sophia asks.
"I'm not that dressed up." Violet says, looking at her outfit.
"Still." Grace says. "What's the occasion."
"I'm just hanging out with Alec." Violet replies, as if it was nothing.
"Why are you acting like it's nothing? This is the dude you have a crush on." Grace asks.
"Because he's been my friend for years and for now nothing is changing. Unless we both want it to." Violet tells them.
"Well do you want it to change?" Sophia asks, as Violet stands up.
"I'm not sure." Violet says. "I mean I do want it to. But at the same time I am still getting over my most recent ex."
"Well, whoever you last ex is. He is a idiot for letting you go." Grace says, causing Violet to look down, while sat on her bed.
"Thanks guys." Violet says, with a smile before standing up and going to get her bag. "I better get going."
"Okay, have fun." Grace says as they all leave the room then Sophia and Grace walk into Kaci and Ava's room while Violet walks downstairs and leaves the house to go meet Alec at the cafe.

"Hey." Violet says, cheerfully, as she walks over to Alec after she had spit him sat at a table. "Sorry I'm late. Grace and Sophia wanted to talk to me about something."
"No problem. I only just got here myself." Alec tells her.
"Oh thank god you weren't waiting to long." Violet says, as she sits down.
"So I was thinking. Today we could go back to mine and watch movies and then tonight we can go for a walk around a park outside of town." Alec tells her, handing her a drink he had brought for her.
"Thanks and yeah that sounds like a good idea." Violet says, taking a sip of the drink.
"Okay." Alec says.
They carrying on talking and drinking their drinks before they head back to Alec's place.

"So what film do you want to watch first?" Alec asks as they enter his
"Have you seen the movie Patrick?" Violet asks as they walk into the kitchen to get a drink.
"I have the DVD, but I have never got round to watching it." Alec says. "What is it even about? Because I have no clue."
"It's basically about this women who got left her nan's pug when her nan died." Violet explains to him, as he makes them some drinks.
"Is it a funny movie?" Alec asks handing Violet on of the drinks.
"It is in my opinion but some people don't find it that funny." Violet tells him, as they walk into the living room.
"Okay then let's watch it." Alec says before they put the movie on.

Later on in the evening Alec and Violet drive to the park just out of town and start to walk around when they get to a secluded area where there where lights hanging and they both looked up.
"Wow! This is beautiful." Violet says, breathless causing Alec to smile.
"I knew you would like it." Alec says.
"You did this?" Violet asks.
"I planned it but Jason, Ellie and Layla set it up." Alec replies.
"Well it's beautiful." Violet says, with a smile looking at him to see him staring at her causing her to giggle. "What?"
"Violet, I've liked you for so long now will you be my girlfriend?" Alec asks.

"Alec I..."