three

I did end up seeing Tyler again; the next morning, actually. Ed called and asked me to meet him and the rest of the medical crew from the Stars during the team's practice. Julia ended up driving me there, despite me having my own license.

"You probably have a concussion, and it's my fault. It's the least I can do." She claimed, doing 80 on the highway.

The rink was about 15 minutes away from the arena, so the ride was about an hour long. My sister was blasting some God awful pop band which caused my headache to increase even more. The bumps from the road was enough to drive me insane. It felt as if my head couldn't stop pounding.

We finally arrived at the rink, and headed in. Inside, you could hear the loud echo of the pucks, and the skates chopping and slicing through the ice. The noise in the room only made my headache worse. Walking around the ice, we entered the office and waited for Ed to come in.

"Are you nervous?" Julia asked. She looked at me with concered eyes.

"No, not really. I just want hear what the problem is, and go home and sleep." I said fiddling with my nails. I looked horrible- I had on tights and a sweatshirt from PINK. My hair was thrown into bun and I had no makeup on. Secretly, I was praying that Tyler wouldn't see me. I looked and felt like complete dog shit.

"Hello ladies," Ed said coming in. Two men followed him in, and sat down. "How are you feeling Savannah?" He asked smiling.

"I have a headache and I'm tired. But what else is new right?" I joked.

"Hmm.." He looked at his team then looked at me. "Well, we found an explanation for your headaches and dizziness." He paused.

"We ran some tests, and it turns out you do have a concussion. And it's severe."

I wasn't surprised. It explains everything. The noise. The irratation. Not being able to focus.

"Is she going to be okay?" Julia asked. She looked at me again. I could tell Julia was worried about me. Her eyes were glancing between me and the medical team.

"Yes, she will be fine. We're going to have to ask you to come here everytime the team practices, so we can make sure your recovery is okay. It's the only time we are able to help you. Is that feasable?" Ed asked.

Everyday. Here. With the Dallas Stars. Undergoing "therapy". This was absurd. I suddenly felt a surge of rage. It was complete bullshit. I work everyday, and I go to college. How could I possibly work, go to school, and go through therapy all in one day? I rubbed my temples, trying to not to explode into a fit.

"I don't know.. I work everyday. I go to school. I know you guys practice at like, noon everyday you're not playing a game. I take morning classes at college so I wouldn't be able to make it. It's too much to handle for me. I just.. I don't know." I was confused. All I want is to go home. Not go through more tests.

"I see." Ed said. "Savannah, with your condition, you probably won't be able to continue to go to college. Or even work. Your injury is limiting you from taking tests, and focusing on things for a long period of time. If you do straining activites, you'll experience some of the worst headaches in the world."

"So then what the hell am I suposed to do?" I spat. I heard the pucks being shot from outside the room. I rubbed my head again. "Sorry, I just-"

"No, I understand Savannah. I know it's a lot to process but your health is what comes first." Ed looks at me with solemn eyes. I look at my sister. She smiles softly but I could still see the worry in her eyes.

"So do I quit college now? And what about my job? Who's going to pay my tuition?" I choke out. My irritation was getting the best of me. My eyes began to water. I wanted to go home. I really, really did.