eighty-four

"What the hell was that about?" Gabby asked from the register.

I let out a sigh as I weaved my way through the aisles. "Just a continuation of Julia's party."

"Oh yeah, how was that? Of course Julia would through an anniversary party. She's such a diva sometimes."

"Sometimes?" I joked. "It was nice though, I wish they would've gave you off-"

The front door to Rally House suddenly flew open, causing the bells above to ring viciously. Immediately, Gabby and I looked to see who entered our store with that much passion. Much to my disbelief, it was Ali. Again.

"You are nothing but a sick, blonde, whore." Ali spat at me. She walked with an angry strut as she approached me, stopping mere inches away from my face. "You're a whore, Savannah. It has been two years and you refuse to let Tyler move on. Is that what you whores do? Latch onto men, and dig their dirty, slutty claws into their ski-"

"Ali, first off-"

"Let me FINISH!" She yelled in my face. A quick beat of silence fell over the store. I glanced at Gabby, who was visibly uncomfortable. "You stay away from Tyler. You had your chance. That was two years ago. Do not upset my life because you have decided that you're finally capable of loving someone. That opportunity has passed you, Savannah." Ali's eyes burned with rage. 

"Ali, respectfully, I need you to back away from me. That's number one." I said. I stared back into the flames in her eyes. Backing down was not an option. "Number two, I don't want Tyler. I've moved past the need for him in my life. I think you need to have this conversation with him, and not me because you're embarrassing yourself."

"You need to watch your mouth, you privileged, bit-"

"ALI!" A voice boomed as the door flew open once more, bells crashing against the door. "Can you get in the fucking car? And let them do their jobs?" Tyler came into the store and grabbed Ali's arm. Immediately, she pulled away.

"Tell her what you just told me Tyler. Tell her, right now."

I stood puzzled. It was merely an hour into my shift, and not only did I have Tyler here in front of me, but his furious girlfriend as well. You open the floodgates and in comes the water.

Tyler rubbed his face. "Ali, please, this is embarrassing-"

"Embarrassing? So it's not embarrassing when you get a fucking hard-on after seeing your ex in this hideous uniform, but what I'm doing is embarrassing."

Gabby immediately spit out her drink and gave me a wide-eyed look. Tyler threw his head back out of frustration while Ali's eyes remained to pierce me. "Ali, you need to get in the car." Tyler demanded.

"No. No I will not, not until you tell this whore what-"

"Stop calling me a fucking whore." I spat. Ali's head whipped towards mine. 

"You are so lucky you are on the clock. If you weren't, I would take that fucking tip box and smash it over your fucked up head." Ali's stare remained deafening. 

"Ali! Shut the fuck up." Tyler boomed. "Shut up and get in the fucking car."

Defeated and deflated, Ali looked from Tyler to me, and back to Tyler again. She stormed out of the store bells crashing again. Tyler hesitated to follow, giving me a despair ridden look. "Sav, I-"

"I think you should go after your girlfriend Tyler." I said. "Goodbye."

Tyler stayed for a beat longer before turning around and following in Ali's footsteps.