four

After talking to the medical team, I walked outside to sit on the pavement. The sun was glaring and the heat was out of control. I cursed myself for wearing a sweatshirt.

I called Tyler and he answered on the second ring.

"Hey, are you done?" He said inbetween coughs.

"Yeah. You okay?"

"Yeah, just choking on a chip."

I laughed. He hung up and I put my phone in my pocket. No sooner than I looked up, a black car pulled up in front of me. The passanger window rolled down.

"Get in cutie." Tyler said. He reached over to unlock the door.

I hopped in and instantly got a wave of pain in my head. The interior was black and seats were scorching. Tyler was also blasting some rap music that had the car bumping. I grabbed and rubbed my head in pain.

"You okay?" He asked putting the car into drive. "You look hot."

I instantly went red as I looked at him.

"What?" He glanced at me then laughed. "Oh, not like that. I meant like.. heat wise. Not saying that you're ugly or anyth-"

"I'm fine, Tyler." I managed. I layed my head against the cool window and closed my eyes still rubbing my head, focusing on trying to get rid of my migraine.

"So what happened?" Tyler asked, making a left.

"Ed and the rest of his crew just told me what to expect and what I can't do over the next couple of weeks. They also located what part of my brain is injured, and how that's going to affect me. I can't do anything that requires intense concentration like schoolwork and tests. Which is pretty much what college is. It's going to be weird. We also compromised and said I don't necessarily have to come everyday you guys have practice, since it may get a bit redundant."

"Yeah, that's crazy." Tyler said as we pulled to a red light. He looked at me while rubbing his hair. "Did they talk about what they were going to do about college?"

"Yea and you're not gonna believe this," I turned in my seat as Tyler laughed. "They contacted my school and said that they're gonna have to remove me from classes. And I live in a dorm there, so I asked them would I still be able to live there. They said no. So now I have no where to go."

"What? So where are you sleeping tonight?" Tyler asked. We were on a main road now, passing a strip mall.

"Well they're giving me until next Friday to get my stuff out. Which is more than enough time, but still. It's always me. Like why." I said shrugging.

"What about your sister?" Tyler pulled into the strip mall.

"She lives in an apartment with her boyfriend. It's only one room. I wouldn't want to invade in their privacy anyway. I wouldn't even want that myself." I started messing with my stray hairs.

"Yeah, that's true. You want something to eat?" Tyler opened his wallet which was full of twentys. I looked up and noticed we were at the Wendy's drive-thru.

"Yeah I guess. Can I have a burger or something? I said.

A sudden wave of heat passed over me. My head started throbbing again. I grabbed my head in pain for what seemed like the 50th time today. "Fuck."

"Sav."

"Huh?"

"What type of soda do you want?" Tyler asked. He looked concerned.

"Oh. Um, Sprite is fine. Thank you."

We got our food and sat in the Wendy's parking lot. Eating a couple of fries made me realize how hungry I actually was.