sixty seven

"You okay sis? You look a bit pale." Julia was holding a wedding dress up to her torso. She gave a quick turn before putting it back on the rack and turning her attention towards me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied, placing a cold hand on my forehead. "Just feeling a bit woozy."

"Sounds like you everyday." Julia chuckled before sitting down next to me. We were in the back of David's Bridal on a Saturday afternoon. All around me were white gowns clustered together from rack to rack. "You sure you're okay though?"

"I'm fine, Julia." I lied again. Truth be told, I was clammy. My palms were sweating slightly, and my stomach churned with uneasiness. "Stop worrying about me, and figure out what dress you're gonna get."

"I don't like any of them. None of them have that... that spark, you know?" Julia looked amongst the void of wedding dresses and sighed. "Maybe next week I'll find something. Hopefully."

I nodded in response since it was the only one I was capable of giving. Uneasiness and dread seeped throughout my body. Any where but this store was where I needed to be.

"You hungry?" Julia asked, looking towards me. "We can go out to eat somewhere around here."

"Yeah, that's fine." I wasn't hungry either. I had no desire to put anything in my mouth; the thought of it alone was repulsive.

We still went out however, despite my internal disagreement. Julia decided on going to Applebee's since she hadn't ate there in a while.

The dim lightning in restaurant made me feel even more uneasy. Mumbled chatter caused my ears to ring periodically, making me ask Julia to repeat herself a couple of times.

"I said, what's up with you and Tyler?" She furrowed her eyebrows at me. "You can't hear?"

I shook my head as I shrugged. "We're fine. He's um," My hand ran over the top of my head before dropping down lazily to my side. "He's good." I shrugged again.

Julia stared at me. "Savannah, you look like you're on acid or something." Her mouth was slightly open as she studied me. "You're barely eating, you're extremely pale, and your eyes are low."

I took a bite out of my wrap, in hopes that it would calm Julia's worries. "I'm fine," I chewed through my response. "I'm totally fine." The wrap tasted like lead in my mouth.

"If you say so. Hey listen, Brandon has been up my ass saying that I've been rushing everything. I don't think..." Julia's speaking was overruled by the ringing of my ears. A weird wave of pressure fell over me, and I reached for my water to help me cool down. This isn't normal, I thought. Why am I feeling like this?

After I gave a hard blink, my vision went grainy. Everything was fading to black; and before I knew it, I fell forward, banging my head on the table.

-

"I think she's up."

"Is she really?"

A cold hand touched my forehead, causing me to groan in response. I opened my eyes slowly; a tattooed arm was in my peripheral, and a blonde flashed a light in my eyes. An instant wave of pain shot through my head. I reached out and smacked the light before turning onto my side.

"Savannah."

I didn't move.

"Savannah." A large hand shook my shoulder.

"What?" I cried out, sitting up. Another wave of pain shot through my head, making me writhe in pain. "Shit."

"Sav, relax. Lay back down." Tyler stood over me as he leaned me back onto the bed.

"Why am I back here?" I asked. "Don't you have some watch party to be hosting?" My head rolled around to face them lazily.

Tyler's face was flushed. He had to have been buzzed. "Yeah, everyone is in the living room. Your sister called and told me you passed out at Applebee's."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "When did I pass out?"

Tyler laughed quietly. "Today, silly." He glanced over my entire body, before giving me a worried glance. "Julia said you hit your head a bit as well."

"I'm fine, I feel fine. I just have a small headache." I waved his statement away, sitting up slightly. "I just feel like sleeping."

I pulled the sheet up to my shoulders as I furrowed myself into the pillows. The extreme feeling of fatigue that fell over me was unavoidable. Tyler chuckled before kissing my temple. "Even on her medicine, she still acts a bit wonky."

"Medicine?" Julia echoed.

"Yeah? She didn't tell you?" Tyler asked.

A quiet pause ensued and shortly after, I heard the door shut.

I hadn't told my sister about my medicine, which, I hadn't taken in about 36 hours. That was probably the reason I passed out earlier, and the episodes of the weird cold sweats. But why would the withdrawal symptoms be so strong? In such a short amount of time?

My headache intensified when I heard a round of cheers in the living room. The pain was becoming unbearable, so I shuffled to the bathroom to take some ibuprofen.

It was obvious now; my symptoms were coming back. And it was also obvious that I would get my ass handed to me if Tyler found out I hadn't been taking my medicine. Either way, each situation was a loss, considering the fact that I would still be fucked up mentally, only this time with a pissed off boyfriend.