seventy three

It was a Tuesday morning, and I was working a morning shift at the Rally House. It was just me since business would be relatively slow, and more than one person would most likely not be needed.

However, business came; and that business was Julia.

My feet were propped up on the counter as I flipped through a Cosmopolitan magazine that I found in the back room. A loud slam came from the door, making me jump. Looking up, my eyes met my sister's.

Julia came up and slammed her hands on the counter. "Where do I even start with you." Her voice was low and threatening.

"Well, you can start with a good morning." I chided as I tossed the magazine to the side. "What's the issue today?"

"What's the issue today?" She mocked. "Savannah, did you forget that you haven't been heard from in 3 weeks? That you're a maid-of-honor for your sisters wedding? That you have a boyfriend, who, not surprisingly, is worried sick? Did we just forget about all of that?" Julia wasted no time in raising her voice.

"I was taking time for myself. Is that a crime?" I asked, attitude apparent in my voice.

"Yes, it is a crime when you think taking time for yourself includes completely disregarding your sisters texts, especially when they're concerning the trying on of her wedding dress." Julia was practically fuming out of her ears at this point. "What the hell are you acting so laid back for? I was worried sick, and Tyler is still worried sick."

"Julia let's be honest, you were only worried sick because I wasn't there to help support you when you needed to try on your dress. Have you ever thought that there are other problems and lives outside of your wedding that need to be taken care of? Or are you so far up your own ass that you can't notice?"

A silence fell between us. Julia looked hurt; her eyes watered and she looked away. "What the hell is your problem? If you never wanted to be in the wedding, you could've told me so." Her voice quivered.

"Like I would actually tell you that." I watched Julia as she ran a hand through her blonde hair.

"What's that supposed to mean? Don't you think you would need to tell me?"

"No, I actually wouldn't since I wouldn't want to be the bearer of bad news and have you search for someone else to take my place."

Julia let out a loud scoff. "You think there would be an issue in replacing you?" A cynical laugh followed. "That's a joke. Maybe you need to get your head out of your own ass, 'cause last time I checked you aren't doing your job well enough to even be missed." She snatched her keys off of the counter and headed towards the exit.

"Oh, and another thing," Julia turned around before pushing the door open to leave. "You should probably text that 'boyfriend' of yours and let him now that you're alive and breathing before he does something that you don't like." She shoved the door open and left with a hard stomp.

Before he does something that you don't like.

The words echoed in my head. What did she mean by that?

I haven't seen or talked to Tyler since I left. His birthday was the tomorrow too, and he was in Nashville for the All Star Game. He was probably getting blown by some broad at the moment, who was reveling in the experience.