twenty four

(TYLER'S POV)

Jamie decided to invite me to lunch with him and Jason since they haven't really heard from me since I met Jessica. I told Sav I was meeting up with them, and she gave me a suspicious glance.

"Have fun." She turned back around to pour her milk into her cereal.

The attitude and snarky remarks were becoming an everyday thing from Sav. Every time I said I was going out or something of the kind, she would raise her eyebrows and purse her lips. I don't think she realized how cute she actually was when she did it.

Jamie, Jason and I ended up going to Applebee's, and got a table near one of the big screen TV's. Our waitress had to have done it on purpose, especially since they were broadcasting the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

"So, how ya been Seg?" Jamie side eyed Jason who was smiling at his phone. "We haven't heard from you in a while."

I shrugged. "I'm fine, I guess." Jamie flashed a suspicious grin. "What's so funny?"

He shook his head. "How's Savannah? You know she called me a couple of weeks ago. After our last game."

The grin I had on my face instantly disappeared. I furrowed my eyebrows, shifting in my seat. "What? When was this?" When was it ever in Sav's nature to call Jamie?

"She called me the day after we all got wasted. You know, the night you dipped on us, without saying a word."

I ran a hand over my face. I could see where this was going. "Well, what did she say Jamie?" I threw my hand in the air.

"She told me that you came home with a hickey on your neck. And that you lied about it." Jamie took a sip from his soda. "Who's the lucky girl?"

I rolled my eyes, pursing my lips. "The girl was Jessica." My heart sunk at the thought of her face. It felt like forever since I talked to her. "She was hot, I'm not gonna lie." I couldn't help but crack a grin.

Jason gave me a look that made me want to take back what I said. He scratched his cheek, looking at Jamie. "Does Sav know?"

I shook my head, already beginning to feel the stinging wave of guilt trickle through my body. A hand went to my neck, rubbing it as I looked away.

"You should tell her, or something." Jason popped a fry into his mouth, rubbing his fingers together. "It's weird that she's at home, while you're out, you kn-"

"Yes, Jason, I do know. That's why I don't do it anymore." I cut him off before he got into specifics. "Jessica told me it would benefit the both of us, if we didn't see each other anymore." I smiled in hopes of reassuring the both of them.

Jamie pursed his lips. There was something wrong with him, I could tell by the way he wasn't his usual boisterous self.

"What's up with you Chubbs, you seem like you're aren't usual self."

He shrugged. "I'm just worried about you and this whole Savannah situation." I watched as he took a bite of his burger. "She was really upset on the phone man."

My chest started to heat up as I began to get irritated. "Well what the hell do you want me to do? Buy her flowers and propose to her, so she doesn't have to think I'm 'cheating'? I was never even cheating on her in the first place, we weren't even in a relationship!" I pointed to the box next to me. "I even bought the damn girl her own full plate of pasta! What else does everyone want from me? I already know what I did was wrong, I don't need everyone to bitch at me about it."

Jason and Jamie stared at me, before they sighed. "Tyler, you're not understanding." Jamie leaned in. "She told me she wanted to be yours, and that she really liked you. She was legit crying, when she told me."

I turned my face up. Crying? There's no way that Sav crying went unnoticed to me. When did any of this happen? "She did not cry, stop lying."

"Yes she was!" Jamie's voice started to get loud. A couple of people around us looked towards our table, before turning back around. "She really likes you man. I don't know what else to tell you."

I shook my head, rubbing my face. "I can't believe that. If you guys were me for a good week, you would see how shitty she treats me. She's always giving me these side eyes- which are kinda of cute, but that's not the point. She never speaks to me anymore, she just stares at me."

"Then why don't you try to start a conversation with her?" Jason asked, eating the last of his fries.

"Wow, I don't know, maybe because she scares the living shit out of me? Are we even talking about the same Savannah?" This was baffling. What was supposed to be a normal day out with a couple of teammates, turned out to be an intervention for my love life.

"Well, I mean she might be on to you, about that whole Jessica situation." Jamie nodded in agreeing with Jason's statement.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, okay."

"Listen, you can roll your eyes all you want to. Girls are pretty smart." Jason cracked a grin that made my stomach turn. "Sav looks really smart. She can definitely put two and two together."

I shrugged. "Jessica said that she knows Sav too, now that I think about it." I reminisced on the last time I saw Jess, and how distraught she looked. "She ended up never telling me how. She only said something like, If she is who she thinks she is she's screwed. Pretty weird."

Jamie paused. "That is weird. Too weird."

"She's probably lying though." I looked up at the TV screen, which showed an post game analysis of the Habs-Senators series. "She told me to take Sav to the carnival this weekend though."

"Who? The girl Jessica?" Jason asked. I nodded.

"Yeah." I paused, looking down. "She said I need to treat Sav better."

Jamie pursed his lips. "I mean we have been trying to tell you that, for the past 15 minutes, actually."

I rolled my eyes, smiling. "I know that I need to treat her better. It's just.. I don't know. Do you think she'll go with me?"

Jason nodded. "I'm sure she would. We were actually thinking about going too." He motioned towards Jamie. "That would be a cute first date for you guys."

"Who said it was a date?" I asked.

Jason laughed. "You should make it one." He raised his eyebrow at me.

I shook my head, cracking a grin. My cheeks started to burn as I thought about Savannah, laughing underneath my arm as we walked around the school grounds. Her flawless smile, beaming every time she flashed it. Fuck, she really got to me.

"You're thinking about her aren't you?" Jamie asked, pulling out his credit card.

I nodded sheepishly, breaking out into laugh. "I can't help it, she's so.. fucking perfect man. I screwed up, I really did."

"Well, you can always make it up to her this weekend." Jason said, yawning.

"Trust me, I plan too."