twenty seven

Me, Tyler, Jamie and Jason rode a bunch of rides that mostly consisted of them chirping Tyler. They would occasionally poke fun at the both of us, causing him to turn more red than he already was. My stomach ache increased throughout the night with each spinning ride we got on. The Sea Dragon was the worst on me since Tyler forced me to get on the last seat, which was the worst seat you could get on when it came to a ride like that.

We decided to head to the Ferris wheel before calling it a night. It had to be little before ten by now. The teen population seemingly tripled over the hours, while the families diminished. A cool breeze rolled over the night, raising goosebumps on my exposed skin. I had on a pair of bleach splattered shorts, and a black short sleeve shirt. I was completely unaware that the temperatures were going to drop so much.

I shivered underneath of Tyler's arm as we walked over to the Ferris wheel. My shoulder suddenly jerked uncontrollably as a reaction to the breeze. Tyler looked down at me before smiling. "You okay?" He asked.

I shrugged as we got into the line. "I'm really cold." Tyler frowned at my response, examining my outfit.

"Well, no one told you to wear what you're wearing." He unzipped his Nike windbreaker and handed it to me. "Take this." Underneath, he had a Dallas Stars long sleeve on.

I shoved the windbreaker on quickly. It was a bit big, but nonetheless did a better job of keeping me warm than nothing. "Thanks Ty." I said quietly. He smiled and turned back around to talk to Jamie and Jason.

The jacket reeked of the aroma he had that I loved so much. It was so warm, dark and attractive, that I could bathe in the smell and I wouldn't care. There were so many perfect things about Tyler I loved, but if one could take the cake it would be his smell.

The riders of the Ferris wheel were exiting slowly. My heartbeat increased when I realized I was about to ride a Ferris wheel with Tyler. We could do anything to each other up there- that was the wonder of them. That's why they always had a romantic aura around them. I felt like a sucker.

The operator motioned towards us to get in the seat. I stepped in slowly, Tyler following behind me. As we sat, Tyler reached over me to strap us in with a seat belt. The operator then pulled down the safety bar, locking it in place. He walked back over to his machine, rising us up. The seat shook violently, causing me to jump. Tyler cackled as he watched me.

We stopped again as they let more people on the ride. Tyler wrapped his arm around my shoulder for what seemed like the millionth time that night. He pulled me closer, his hand pushing my head down to rest on his shoulder. I looked up at him, furrowing my eyebrows. "What are you doing?" I asked him. He looked down at me smiling.

"Making you comfortable. You want me to stop?" His voice was serene in a monotonic way.

I shook my head, smiling. "No. I like it here." I furrowed myself into his shoulder even more.

The Ferris wheel started to move, raising me and Tyler through the air. As we reached the top, I saw the Dallas skyline. "That's a nice view." I mumbled. Tyler looked over and gasped in response.

"It is." He said. His hand rubbed my shoulder as he looked at me. Tyler held his glance a little longer than I expected him to, causing my body to heat up. "You know, I'm really glad that I met you, Savannah. Maybe not out of the circumstances that happened, but I really am glad that I met someone like you."

My eyes began to burn in the back, but this time it wasn't out of sadness like it was recently. It was out of sheer appreciation and admiration. With every loop the wheel made, my thoughts became more excited and disorderly. "Tyler, can I talk to you about something?"