eighty five

I woke up to a banging at my door and my phone ringing at a deafening volume. My eyes opened lazily and with a struggle- eye crust was binding my eyelids shut. The sun glared in through the window, immediately giving me a headache. The banging at the door and phone ringing continued.

"Hello?" I yelled into the phone, picking it up.

"Sav, I've been out here for like half an hour, what the hell. Are you ready?"

Like smelling salts, Tyler's voice always managed to wake me up. "What? Tyler?" I asked in confusion.

"Yes, Sav. We're going out for breakfast, remember? Can you let me inside?"

I hung up and put the phone down, and gave myself a couple of seconds to recuperate. Breakfast? With Tyler?

Because Ali's pregnant.

Everything from last night came back to me, and I stood up with energy. He's telling me she's pregnant today. I grabbed my phone quickly, checking to see if the thread between me and Ali was still there. It was- it sat at the very top, reminding me of what today would entail.

I went to my front door and opened it, immediately allowing the sun's rays to swallow the entrance to my duplex. "Well good morning," Tyler chimed. His now long hair curled at the nape of his neck, similar to at Julia's party. He wore a white T-shirt and a pair of jeans. Simple, but of course he looked irresistible. Me on the other hand? A tank top and volleyball shorts.

"Sav, you're not even ready. What the hell? We said 10-"

"Tyler, I'm sorry. I'm hungover as fuck. I will get ready as fast as I can." I led him into my first-floor apartment, walking down my hallway. "I totally forgot."

"So you were drunk?" Tyler shut the door behind me. "This been your home, huh?"

I realized he hadn't stepped foot in my new apartment. "Yeah, it's not your mansion that's for sure."

Tyler was busy examining the apartment. "It's still nice."

"I'm gonna hop in the shower and throw something on and we can get out of here," I said. "You can chill in the living room, I won't be long." I gave him a sheepish grin as uneasiness nestled into my stomach.

Tyler looked nervous sitting down on my couch, mirroring my energy. He shoved his keys in his pocket before taking his phone out to scroll. You're probably checking on your pregnant girlfriend. On my fucking couch, I thought.

-

Within 25 minutes, I got showered and ready for the breakfast outing from Hell. My straight blonde hair fell over a nude tank maxi dress- something simple for the Dallas heat, yet complimenting enough for a date. Not that this was one.

I tossed on a pair of large black sunglasses to avoid the sun's blinding rays and threw a bottle of Tylenol extra strength to pop once I started eating. "I'm ready." I said, closing my bedroom door shut.

"That was quick." Tyler said looking up from his phone. His eyebrows raised as soon as we met eye contact. "You look nice."

"Watch it, Tyler." I said. "You honestly shouldn't even be here."

"Why shouldn't I?" He flashed me a grin. A pit in my stomach opened. Here he was, with a pregnant girlfriend and he's treating me to breakfast. Ali was facing the situation I accused Tyler of years ago. What I once hated, I participated in.

"Ali? You know, your girlfriend?" I stopped walking to look him in his eyes. Don't say a word. Gabby's words echoed through my brain, filtering the mentioning of the Mommy-to-be.