thirty two

(TYLER'S POV)

"I'm not lying. Why would I lie about something like that?" I tried to hold back a chuckle as Sav continued to reprimand me over the phone.

"Then why are you laughing Tyler?"

"Because, I can't believe you don't believe me. Honestly, I'm not lying."

I missed her voice. Hearing it again brought a genuine smile to my face, but the reason I was hearing it brought me nothing but a slight headache.

I was in Prague for the IIHF World Championships, and for some reason Sav didn't want to believe it. I wasn't lying- for once. Ironically, Sav disagreed.

She sighed over the phone, another familiar sound I missed greatly. It was something about the wit she used to throw me, the way she made me come after her. She hated me, yes, but I was head over heels for the girl. I fucking loved Sav.

"Why are you calling me anyways? Didn't you say you wanted nothing to do with me?" I reflected on the piercing words she said to me back at the Rally House. She sighed again.

"I never said I wanted nothing to do with you." Sav paused before continuing. "Tyler, that's what I need to talk to you about, I just- why are you in Europe? It would be ten times easier if we could talk face to face."

"I can't control things like that, Sav. If I could I would." She sighed again. "Plus, how was I supposed to know that you weren't going to be mad at me a couple of days later?"

"I- I don't know. I'm sorry Tyler." Sav's voice was full of regret. It was impossible to stay mad at her. A familiar pain in my chest came back as I thought about her, sitting alone. The poor girl was apologizing to me- someone who cheated on her. I felt like a piece of complete shit. "I really didn't mean to flip out on you the way I did, it's just hard you know? I always tend to push the wrong people away. I'm really sorry. I suck."

"Sav, don't say that. If anything I should be apologizing. I was a piece of shit for thinking that I could get off with someone while I had you waiting back home. It was a dick move on my part, and I should be apologizing."

Both ends were silent as we thought about our mistakes. A wave a frustration washed over me, as I thought about her. God, the things I would do to just be next to her for one more minute. To see that beautiful skin and long, brown hair. To see that flawless smile that reminded me that I really scored me a babe. To hold her in my arms, for just one more minute.

"So, you're not mad at me?"

I chuckled. "How could I be Sav? It's hard to stay mad at a girl like you."

A small sniffle could be heard over the line. It physically pained me that I couldn't see her beautiful face. The face that could (if not already) bitch me out every day, and I'd still want to take her wherever she went. The face that made me want to grab her and lay her on the bed, and kiss her all over. The face that made me want to make her breakfast and brush her hair.

I was a sucker.

"Do you know when you're coming home?" There was a bit of moving around in the background.

"I don't know, it all depends on how far we make it in the tournament."

Sav mumbled something under her breath. "When does it end?"

"Uhh, probably around like mid May?" I cringed at my response.

"What the fuck? Are you serious?" Sav released a large amount of air. "May doesn't start until next week!"

"I know Sav, I'm sorry. Trust me, I wish I could be home to see your beautiful, ethereal face."

"Shut it Tyler, quit trying to make passes." A small giggle followed her chide. "Not gonna lie and say that I don't appreciate it though."

The cute, witty remarks like those made me fall in love with her even more. Fuck, I really did love this girl.

"Sav, you do know I really meant what I said a couple of days ago right?" I couldn't help but make sure she really understood what I thought of her. I couldn't screw up a second time, she meant too much to me.

A moment of silence. "That you loved me?"

"Yeah. I really do Sav. I know I sound like a ham, but fuck I really fucking love you. I really mean it. I love you more than you will ever probably know."

Another moment of silence. "Really?"

"Yeah. You think I'm lying?"

"No." Sav's voice was small again. "I just.. I don't know. I love you too Tyler."

Nice. I felt a familiar heating sensation down south. Now's not the time, especially since I was over a thousand of miles away. If this was going to continue, I had to prepare myself for a while of self-control, something I didn't have thanks to my fatigue. "Hey Sav, as much as it hurts to say this but I gotta go. It's kinda late over here and I need to catch some ZZZ's."

Sav sucked her teeth. "Yeah, yeah whatever. Bye Tyler."

"See ya." I hung up reluctantly. A long groan escaped my throat.

I genuinely missed Savannah. I couldn't stress it enough, that I do would do so much to see her in the flesh just on more time. The fucking brown hair, and that cheeky smile that I loved so fucking much. Christ, I couldn't wait to get back home to see her.