sixty eight

After a night of migraines, stomach aches, and a severe episode of puking, I treated myself to a cold glass of orange juice and some cinnamon raisin toast. It was 8 in the morning, and I barely got any sleep. Phases like these only brought back sickening memories.

A loud shuffle came from the steps, and a slam followed. "You're up pretty early."

I turned around to see Tyler with a grim look on his face. "I couldn't sleep last night."

He raised his eyebrows cynically as he yanked a water bottle out of the fridge and opened it. "Sav, we need to talk."

My heart dropped. Instantly, I began to swirl my cup of orange juice before taking a sip to calm my nerves. "About what Tyler?"

Tyler gulped down a quarter of the water bottle before slamming his hands on the island counter. "You didn't tell Julia that you were put on medication did you?"

I gave him a blank stare. "No."

Tyler dropped his head and rubbed the back of his neck. "And why wouldn't you, Sav?"

I shrugged, lifting a leg onto the chair as I leaned back. "I didn't want to worry her." The excuse was shitty, but it sure as hell was better than giving him nothing.

"You didn't want to worry your sister, so you don't tell her that you've been put on a medication." Tyler scoffed as he took another swig of water. I wouldn't be surprised if his drink turned into the bottle of Fireball in his fridge in a couple of minutes. "Sav, I don't know if you realize this or not, but that doesn't help. In any way."

"So why are you choosing to bitch at me about it today?" I snapped. "It's none of her business anyway."

"What? Sav, that is her business. She's your sister. What the hell is your problem?" Tyler stared at me with his arms crossed. Panic was coursing through my body. He was angry with me.

"Well I'm sorry that I didn't tell her Tyler, I just... felt like it would make her worry, more than if I did tell her. I can see now that it was extremely idiotic of me by the way you're flipping out on me." I was breaking the toast on my plate to bits and pieces. "Yelling at me for it isn't going to make it any better either."

Tyler shook his head. "Yeah, right. Make sure you take your medicine before you leave out."

"I don't have any more."

He whipped his head towards me. "You ran out of it?"

I nodded my head, avoiding eye contact with him. He was already in a funky attitude, and I knew this was only going to make things worse.

"So when were you going to tell me Sav? Next week?"

"No," I mumbled. "I just didn't get a chance to tell you."

"How do you not have a chance to tell me, Savannah?" Tyler saying my full name made my heart drop for the second time that morning. "We fucking live together. It's not hard to turn your head and say that you ran out of medicine."

I didn't say anything. If I did, I would break down. His attitude was overwhelming and throwing me off the edge; what was with him today?

"Oh, so now your quiet." Tyler took a bagel out of the fridge and shoved it in the toaster. "Now you have nothing to sa-"

"Maybe if you weren't bitching me out about it Tyler, I wouldn't be quiet. You didn't even ask me if I was feeling better from last night, considering the fact that I threw up, passed out as well, and barely slept. Maybe I wouldn't be so quiet if you would help me make sure that I was doing alright on a consistent basis, maybe then I would have something to say. Piece of shit." I hopped off of the seat and began to head upstairs.