thirty seven

Today was the day. The dreaded day of departure. The horrible day of stepping into unknown territory. The painful day of preparing to dive head first into a pool of nostalgia. Too bad I can't swim.

My door slamming against the wall was enough to wake me up, and know what was about to happen in the next five minutes. I moaned against my pillow as Tyler made his way over to me. "Sav, you really need to wake up. Our flight leaves in an hour." His huge hands tapped me repeatedly.

"Just five more minutes, please Tyler." I pulled my blanket over my head in attempts to shield me from Tyler's parenting.

"You said that an hour ago."

I turned around to face Tyler. He was dressed and ready- a typical Stars long sleeve and a pair of gym shorts. "Whatever." I ran my hand over my face, rolling my eyes. "You could've woke me up when you got up, you know."

"I did. And you said give me 45 more minutes. Sav, we have this conversation every time we have to go somewhere." Tyler watched as I dug crust out of my eyes on the edge of my bed. "I'm ready, so whenever your dressed let me know so we can get out of here." He shuffled out of the room, leaving my door open.

If I could name one thing that always, and I honestly meant always pissed me off, it was waking up early. I needed my own time to do my own things, but could I do that when I had to wake up early? No, I had to run by some dumbass schedule with a limited amount of time. So now, I had to shower and get ready in less than hour. Preferably no more than twenty minutes, since it was our flight that departed in an hour. Woo.

I showered as quick as possible while simultaneously washing my hair. It was something that I'd pay money to never do again, especially under the time constraints I had. I washed my face and left it bare. All of this was done in under twenty minutes by an act of God. For my outfit, I simply threw on a PINK varsity long sleeve, a pair of leggings, and some comfortable sneakers.

"Tyler, I'm ready. To die." I mumbled, trudging down the steps. He came around the corner with his phone in his hand and a bottle of water in the other.

He cocked his head and gave me a chiding look. "Don't say that. You're not ready to die."

I raised my eyebrows. "Yeah, if you say so. Where's our stuff?"

"I already put it in the car. Are you sure you have everything?" Tyler asked. I nodded. "Alright, let's get out of here."

Tyler made sure everything was taken care of days before we left. It made things a lot easier- Cash and Marshall were at the dog hotel, the house was clean, and we packed last week. Well, Tyler packed last week. I packed last night, with none other than Tyler's reprimanding to help me along the way.

Before I knew it, we were zooming down the main road to the airport. We were really doing this. Suddenly, I wanted to turn back around. For more sleep, yes, but I also didn't feel like.. talking to people. Especially the moronic, low IQ dipshits back home. They reminded me of rodents, just walking around bragging about this and that. They were the type of people to use social media and tweet that they were out and about and having fun, but were they really having fun? Yeah, if I post a picture of me showing all 32 pearly whites at someone's house, of course people will think I'm having fun. But am I really enjoying the party if I'm constantly updating others on it? No, because I'm not participating in the party because I believe that telling people I'm at the party, is more fun than the intense game of Cards Against Humanity going on in the corner.

Those were the type of people I dealt with for 19 years.

A headache came over me as my stomach grumbled. "They sell breakfast at the airport, right?" I asked Tyler, who's eyes were on the road. "I'm starving."

"Of course they do. Why, what do you want? Dunkin?" A sly grin came over his face.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

"They have a Dunkin at the airport, Sav." He said.

"Nice." I mumbled.

The rest of the ride was in silence. We arrived at the airport about 30 minutes before our flight departed, so we had to hurry to get our things situated. After checking in and going through security, we had about five minutes of downtime which consisted of Tyler making cheap passes, like I wasn't already his girlfriend. I had my Dunkin so I wasn't complaining. Tyler picked pieces off of my sandwich and drank gulps of my iced coffee even though he ate already, which ticked me off a bit but what else could I have expected?

When it was finally time to board, we made our way into the airplane. A wave of anxiety crashed over me as I sat down towards the window. "Tyler, I'm scared." My hand instantly gripped his when he sat down next to me. The sly grin was back as he laughed.

"What's wrong babe?" His eyebrows were raised as he flashed me a cheeky smile.

"Nothing, I'm just nervous." I watched as more people filed onto the plane. So many people going to the same destination, so many different stories. "I can't believe this is actually happening."

"Well you better believe it, princess. Maybe you should take a nap. Or you know, you can always join the mile high club."

I shoved Tyler's shoulder hard enough to make others look. He flashed me a serious look. "Not right now, Tyler. Honestly, stop with the passes." I said, looking away.

"How about tonight then?" He asked, scrolling through his phone.

My face started to burn. "What?"

Tyler turned towards me, putting his phone down. "Let's you know," He raised his eyebrows with a grin. "Get a bit crazy tonight. It's been a while."

I pursed my lips turning around. "I think you're the one who needs a nap, Tyler."

"Is that a yes?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Do you want it to be?"

"You know the answer to that, beautiful." Tyler flashed me a smile.

I sighed, leaning back in my chair. "Fine. And stop buttering me up just so you can have sex with me."

Tyler replied by kissing my cheek. "Love you, Sav."

I narrowed my eyes at him, giving him a cynical glance. "Love you too, Tyler."