twenty five

I woke up on my own for what seemed like the first time in forever. Without an alarm. Go me.

I had to wake up early so I could take a ride over to the Rally House in hopes of getting my job back. They needed me to come in when they opened. I was dressed and ready an hour before.

They only problem now, was getting there. This was a personal endeavor that I'd much rather not have Tyler tagging along on. But, of course, he was the only one with a car.

I was standing outside Tyler's bedroom door, sighing. Asking him to borrow his car shouldn't be too much. I did it before- but I didn't ask, which in the end, led to me catching a curse out. If he didn't comply, I would pull his famous line- he's here to take of me, right?

I opened his door, peeking in. He was sprawled out on his bed, his dogs laying across his shirtless torso while he scrolled down his phone. "Tyler." I called.

He looked over at me, taking a double take. He sat up, causing the dogs to roll off of him onto the side of the bed. "Where the hell are you going?"

I let myself into the room, shutting the door behind me as I leaned back. "Rally house? Like I told you the other day?" Tyler furrowed his eyebrows.

"Dressed like that?" His voice was high pitched and full of skepticism. I had on a pair of jeans with huge holes through the knees, and a halter top I was free balling in. A pair of shades rested over my eyes.

"I think I look fine."

"I think," Tyler got up, walking towards me. "That you're trying to impress someone at your job. Why are you dressed so nicely? Someone cute there?"

I rolled my eyes. "What does it matter to you?" Tyler was a couple of feet away from me now, analyzing my outfit.

"Stop talking to me like that. Just- forget it. Why did you come in here?" He crossed his huge tattoo arms, licking his lips. Fuck he was so hot.

"Can I ask you for a huge favor?" I smiled as hard as I could, causing him to do the same.

"And what's that?"

"Can I take your car out for a spin?"

Tyler stared at me for a good minute before widening his eyes. "You're kidding. Right?"

I shook my head and gave him a genuine smile.

He sighed and walked over to his dresser, throwing on a NHL All Star Game hoodie. "It'll be one, cold ass day in hell before you ever take my car out again, Savannah." He looked at me as he made his way towards the door. "I'll drive you. You're not taking my car. By yourself."

"Tyler, seriously?" I whined. "It's a quick drive."

"Yeah, a quick drive that I'm willing to take. Get in the car, Sav."

I rolled my eyes, stomping my way downstairs. This was the last thing I needed. All I could do was imagine all the misadventures that were going to occur, now that Tyler was coming with me.

We got into the car in silence. Tyler turned on the radio, pulling off from the house. "So what are you planning on doing at this place? Is it going to take long?" He asked.

"I'm going to talk to my boss about getting my job back and why I left in the first place. And no, it's not going to take long." I rolled my eyes. "Asshole."

"Sav!" Tyler looked at me, giving me a dirty look. "What the hell is your problem? You know, I could drop you off right now, and you could wa-"

"Yeah, you can, but I know you won't. So stop talking like you're so fucking heavy. You're not gonna do shit."