seventy four

Weeks passed, and soon months became history. I still hadn't talked to Tyler, and Julia officially dropped me as her assistant in her wedding. I was still considered her maid-in-honor, only I didn't help her with anything. That wasn't hard for me.

Spring came in furiously, and the Stars made the playoffs and clinched the division. Tyler was and Jamie were a complete powerhouse together on the ice, no doubt about it. I knew of their behavior since Steve recently "found" an interest in hockey.

Classes at UNT ended and I began working longer shifts at the Rally House. The occasional teenage to early 20 year old girl came in to buy Seguin or Benn gear. One girl had Tyler as her lock screen, and she claimed that she was obsessed with him. I laughed cynically.

-

On a warm Friday night in early May, Steve came home with ton of alcohol. There were Four Lokos, cases of beer, and a bottle of Jack Daniels. I furrowed my eyebrows out of confusion as he pulled out each alcoholic beverage.

"What's all that for?" I asked placing my head on my palm.

"Us. But that's even if you even want some." Steve put the bottles in the fridge and smiled at me. "But considering what you've been through, I wouldn't doubt that you would."

"Whatever Steve." I groaned as I rubbed my head. "What made you buy all of that though?"

"I dunno," he leaned his arms on the kitchen island. "It's Friday. Why not party?"

I grimaced, shaking my head. "That's so random."

"Well, are you gonna have anything?"

I shrugged. "I never had a Four Loko before, but I'll try it. Toss me one."

"Don't die on me tonight Savannah," Steve tossed me a can out of the fridge. "That has a pretty high alcohol level. 12%."

I cracked the can open with raised eyebrows. "12%? Sheesh." The can was pretty large and intimidating; however I started it with a large sip that followed with a strong burp. "That's not so bad."

"Yeah, we'll see in a half hour. I'm not babying you tonight." Steve poured himself a shot of the Jack Daniels. He threw it back and his long blonde hair followed.

"I don't need to be babied, Steve."

-

Hours passed and I was inebriated; completely off my ass. I drank the Four Loko in less than 20 minutes somehow, and I snuck in a shot of hard liquor. I was stumbling around, and at times found myself balled up in a corner or lying with my legs resting over my head. Steve was buzzed, but was still sober enough to make sure I didn't do anything extreme.

"Steve, whatdoyouthinkaboutme?" The words ran together and were inaudible.

"What Savannah?" He stared at me from the couch as I rubbed my feet while laying on my back with my legs over my head.

A giggle left my mouth as I flopped onto my side. "You wanna know what I'm about to do?" I gripped the legs of coffee table as I placed my head on the glass.

"Hopefully nothing stupid." Steve said while giving me a blank stare.

"I'm going to call Tyler, and say heyyy," I released my grip off of the coffee table and fell back, bumping my head on the ground with a laugh.

"Savannah, be careful please. You're acting like a little kid." Steve opened the window in the living room and lit a cigarette. The smoke lazily fell out of his mouth as he exhaled for the first time.

"Where's my phone, Steven." My words were inaudible and becoming more of a murmur. I patted the coffee table for my phone.

"It's right next to you." Steve furrowed his eyebrows. "How drunk are you?"

A wild laugh left my mouth. "Let's asktylerandseehwhat he says, right?"

Steve shook his head. "I have no clue what you just said."

My eyes were low from the alcohol, and I could barely see what I was touching on my phone; however I somehow mustered enough sobriety to get Tyler off of blocklist and into my recent messages. A new thread was started when I sent him a message that said "Hry".

Minutes later my phone buzzed, startling me and making me twitch. "Tyler texted me Steve." I was now sprawled out on the floor with one of my legs resting on the coffee table. "He said, what."

"What?" Steve repeated. "You're texting Tyler?"

"I just said that, David Grohl." I laughed at my own pointless joke. "Look."

"I'm not looking. You're phone is locked anyway, I can't see anything."

"Whoops," I giggled out. Tyler messaged me again, but my eyes were too low to see what it said. Before I knew it, my phone blared out a familiar xylophone rhythm. Using both hands, I pressed the green button to accept the call."

"Hhhey," I chimed. "Do you remember me?"

"Sav, what are you doing?" His familiar voice seeped through my body.