six

( tyler's pov )

There's something different about her, from the rest. I'm not really sure what it is, but who am I to waste time and try to figure it out?

She got prettier every time I saw her. Her hair; those long, blonde (now brown) waves, always fell on her body perfectly. Those blue/green eyes that were full of secrets and mystery, always managed to make me find a reason to stay around longer. Her lips were full of promises that were ready to be made and stories that were desperate to be told. Her stomach, covered in small moles, set butterflies off inside of me every time they peeked out of her small shirts. I wasn't complaining.

She treated me different as well. She was wary of me. She knew who I was and didn't take advantage of it, like everyone else did. Her standoff-ish behavior made me want her even more; there was so much I wanted to know about her. Those cheeks when she blushed made me thankful that I was the one making her blush. The way she looked at me. It was different. Everything about her was different. I was lucky.

I felt bad about the situation I got her into. I severely injured her brain. She was so interesting, I instantly wanted to take care of her. I needed to take care of her. She was so intent on not wanting me to take on that burden, thanks to her independent attitude that she had most of her life- at least that's what her sister told me. She wanted to be in control all the time. She was stubborn. I could see it in the way she looked at me. She didn't want to use me for who I was. That's why I wanted her to get to know me for who I actually was, and not what the cameras said or put out.

So here we were- in my Range Rover driving to her dorm. It was sunny out, and a little too warm for mid March. She was sleeping soundly next to me, the cool wind causing her freshly dyed hair to reach out towards me. Her mouth was slightly opened as she slept with her arms crossed. It was a pretty intimidating sleeping stance. Her soft skin showed through the huge holes in her jeans.

She was beautiful.

My admiration was interrupted when Jamie called me. I answered through my car turning the volume down, making sure not to wake up Savannah.

"Hey Jamie." I said entering the highway.

"Where are you?" He asked chewing.

"I'm driving to Savannah's university. Why? And what are you eating?"

"Why are you going there? You're getting her stuff out for her?" He asked still chewing.

"Yes. I told you this yesterday, didn't I?"

"Probably. She's with you right?" Jamie was still chewing.

"Obviously. How else would I get in? And dude seriously, what are you chewing?"

"Some Doritos. Stop worrying about me. Can she hear me?"

"She's sleep, and I have the volume down really low so she can't hear you." I looked over towards Savannah. She shifted in her seat, uncrossing her arms to put her hands under her legs. "Please don't talk loud Jamie, she's actually sleeping for once. She just moved in her seat."

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Are you guys dating yet?" I heard him swallow his chip.

"What dude? No, I've only known her for like, three days. Stop being weird." I rubbed my face. The thought of me and Savannah actually being a real couple was enough to make my face burn. She probably wouldn't be up for it. I knew she wouldn't.

"Hah, yeah right." Jamie said cackling. For the volume to be at five, he was laughing pretty loud. Savannah turned in her seat to face towards to me, her eyes still shut. "Everyone thinks your dating. Even I do. You know you can tell me Seggy, I won't te-"

"We're not dating Jamie!" I said louder than expected. I heard him laughing on the other end. "I'm not about to get into this with you. All I'm doing is taking care of her, she needs it." I got into the exit lane in the highway.

"So you don't have feelings for her at all? You don't even think she's attractive? Don't be so modest." I heard a bag crumpling in the background.

"Well yeah, I think she's pretty. Actually, I think she's beautiful. I might have a small crush on her, but she's probably not even interested." I rubbed the back of my neck. Would she really want to get involved with someone like me?

"That's a total lie, she's so into you. Just because she hasn't thrown herself at you like other girls would, doesn't mean she wouldn't want it, you know?" rolled my eyes.

"Right, I'll be sure to take notes Jamie." I said.

"Quit being so weird and make a move. How far have you guys even-"

"I think you keep forgetting that we met three days ago. Her brain isn't working properly. That's the last thing on her mind. She has a concussion, honestly Jamie let he-"

"Who are you talking about?"

I whipped my head around and saw Savannah stretching her arms in front of her.

"I, um-" I stuttered.

"Is she up?" Jamie barked. Savannah rubbed her eyes.

"Who is that?" She asked me with a groggy voice.

"It's Jamie. Tyler has a huge crush on you Sav, he just told me he did. I'm not kidd-"

I hit the breaks as I came to a red light. "What? Jamie, what are you talking about." I looked at Savannah who looked at me with a smile that was on the verge of laugh.

"Is that true?" She asked, cocking her head and narrowing her eyes. My face burned and I laughed nervously. She laughed along with me.

"See! He's not even answering. That should tell you right there." Jamie laughed. Savannah was laughing out loud at this point. She looked at me smiling.

"Listen, Jamie I have to go, we're almost at her scho-"

"What? No we're not." Savannah said whipping her head to look out the window.

"No, it's okay, I see what you're doing. I'll see you tomorrow Tyler." Jamie hung up.

"It's okay, we all have those types of friends. Embarrassing, right?" Savannah said. Her smile was genuine this time. I didn't say anything. It was too awkward. "What's wrong? Why are you acting like that?"

"It's nothing. He's just weird." I managed, this time smiling. She looked away towards the window. I pulled off from the red light and continued driving. I hated it when Jamie did that. I love him like a brother, but it's uncalled for sometimes. I sneaked a quick glance at Savannah and she was messing with her hair, slouching in the seat. "How was your sleep?" I asked quietly.

"Good for once." She laughed a little. "I'm still tired though, but I don't have a headache surprisingly."

I smiled at the good news. "Do I make a right here?" I asked at an intersection.

"Yeah, then just go down straight for a while, and you'll see it." She stretched again, revealing her stomach. I could tell she took notice of it this time since she her pulled her shirt down. She saw me looking at her and she smiled sheepishly.

"This shirt is pretty short, sorry." Savannah tugged on it some more. That familiar blush came to her face again and I laughed.

"I don't mind." She looked at me.

The way she looked at me this time was enough to send me over the edge. Her eyes shined from all the light coming in from the opened windows. Her eyebrows were raised in this extremely, attractive way, that made me question what I just said. I wanted to hold her face in my hands like I did yesterday in the parking lot. I probably freaked her out for the rest of the day when I did it, but holding her was so... magical. I didn't regret it. Every chance I had to touch her, I took it. How could you regret something like that?

"The lights green." She pointed out. I pushed my foot down on the gas pedal and laughed. I was a fool. A complete, utter fool.

I drove the rest of the way in silence, with nothing but the radio playing.