thirteen

(TYLER'S POV)

When I woke up in the morning, the sun was gleaming and the sky was bright. Marshall's head was lying on my stomach and Cash was sprawled out in the corner. I got up out of bed, and headed towards the bathroom. When I looked in the mirror, I realized my facial hair was getting a little out of control. It felt like a shaggy rug.

After taking a shower and brushing my teeth, I peeked into Savannah's room.

She was facing the same way I left her last night, but she was up. She was on her phone, on some app scrolling down.

"Hey." I called.

Sav turned her head and looked at me. She turned back around.

"Hey." She put her phone on the night stand next to her and turned around to face me.

I walked in, passing her piles of clothes that's been in her room since she moved in. Her bed sunk under me as I sat down next to her, crossed legged. Savannah smiled softly.

"Do you wanna hang out today?" I asked. Her eyes looked at me with a welcoming aura. A small smile appeared on her face then quickly faded.

"I can't leave the house, remember. Don't you have practice?" Savannah's grip tightened on her blankets and pulled them closer.

"No, it was optional today."

Savannah continued to stare at me. "I can't leave the house though." She said again.

"And you're not supposed to be on your phone, but I'm sure I just saw you on it, right?" I joked. A radiant smile spread across her face as she laughed quietly.

"Yeah I guess you're right." She sat up, and ran a hand through those infamous brown waves before picking at her eyes. "Where do you want to go?"

I couldn't help but allow a sly grin to appear on my face. "Well I wanted to take you out to eat, then maybe just go to a park or something. Or just hang out." I started messing with the stray strings on the blanket.

"Really? What made you want to take me out today?" Savannah got up and walked over to the piles of clothes and started sorting through them. I laid back and sprawled out over her bed.

"I wanted us to get to know each other more." My face started to burn when I heard her laugh.

"Seems to me you know a lot about me." Sav held a blue dress and what seemed like a bra. I went red. "You know where I went to college, my major, my sis-"

"Sav. I don't even know your birthday." I stood up and walked toward her. She gave me a funny look.

"You don't?"

"No."

She laughed. "Believe it or not, but it was the day I got the concussion. April 3rd."

"Was it really?"

"Yup."

"Well, happy belated, I guess?" I smiled. Sav sat the dress on the bed and grabbed her towel. She headed towards the door as I followed. "So I'm assuming that is a yes, by the way, by you grabbing your towel."

She turned to look at me, her hair swinging with her head. "Obviously Tyler."

"Okay, well let me know when you're ready." I headed downstairs.

It took Sav about 45 minutes to get dressed and ready. She walked into the living room, where I was laid out on the couch. "I'm ready."

Savannah had on huge sunglasses that covered a majority of her face. Her hair was in a bun on the top, but she still left some brown waves out at the bottom. It went perfect with her blue, floral print dress that she pulled out earlier, and a pair of white platform sandals. She was breathtaking.