nine

I woke up out of my sleep to feel Tyler shoving me and his dogs barking. I opened my eyes and instantly regretted it. My room was bright, a little too bright for the early morning. I swatted at Tyler and turned on my other side. He didn't stop shoving me.

"WHAT!" I yelled, sitting up. His dogs were still barking as I rubbed my face. Crust was lodged in my eyes causing me to squint at Tyler.

"You need to get up, we have to get to the rink. I have practice today and you need to talk to Ed." He opened the window near my bed for some unknown reason. I sighed in annoyance. "And what the hell is that in your mouth?"

"I don't need to talk to Ed. I'm fine." I laid back in bed and yanked the covers over my head. "And it's my retainer." It was too early for this. I wasn't in the mood. Tyler snatched the covers off of the bed, leaving me bare.

"Tyler, what the hell!" I screamed. The dogs were out of control at this point. I took my retainer out of my mouth and threw myself out of the bed, storming towards the bathroom. Tyler chased after me.

"You're not about to take a shower are you?" He asked, grabbing my arm. I pulled away from him as I turned around.

"Yes, I am. Am I not allowed to do that?" I asked cocking my head. Tyler rubbed his face.

"No Sav. For Christ's sake, no. You can't. I have practice in 25 minutes. You need to find something to put on and brush your teeth, so we can get out of here. Plus you took one when we got home, which was like, 4 am." I rolled my eyes and walked towards my room. "I woke you up at 8, and you said 15 more minutes. I came back and you were still sleeping. I cooked breakfast and I came back to tell you, and you said give me 10 minutes. I came back again and you sa-"

"I get it, Tyler. I didn't get up." I dumped my trash bags full of clothes onto the floor. "What's funny, is that I don't remember you doing that." My level of annoyance was rising again. I wasn't in the mood for Tyler to bitch at me.

"Well you kinda should, because it happened." He spat. I yanked a pair of overalls and a sleeveless rib top out of the pile of clothes, and threw it on my bed. I took my shirt off, and put on my bra that was laying at the edge of the bed. Tyler's eyes widened, looking at me. "Are you seriously about to change in front of me like that?"

"Yes, I mean you did say that we had 25 minutes." I put on some deodorant and and put my shirt on. "I don't know why you're even acting like you mind."

That was enough to give Tyler an attitude and cause him to leave my room. I pulled my overalls on and reached for my toothbrush. I hurried to the bathroom, where I brushed my teeth in what seemed like less than 15 seconds. Running back to my room, I slipped on my old Converse that were laying in the pile.

"I'm ready." I called running down the steps. Tyler met me at the front door and handed me a container of food. I curled my lips. "What is that?"

"The breakfast that I made you?" He looked at me funny, while opening the door.

"I don't want that. I'm not hungry." I spat. Tyler sighed loudly, following me out the door. I felt the wave of heat as I stepped outside. It was way too hot this early in the morning.

"Well, I suggest that you eat it. Since the only thing you really ate was a Lunchable, and a bite of a taco that you threw up." He shoved the container into my hands. I scoffed.

"Whatever."

Tyler opened the door of his car for me, as I got in. He slammed it, then walked to his side. I looked in the container, which gave off a nice aroma. Two pancakes, sunny side up eggs, and two pieces of bacon were in the container. I ripped a piece of the pancake off and threw it in my mouth. I heard the door open as Tyler got in the car.