eighty three

TYLER'S POV

"You really need to be more mindful of how much you drink, Ty." Ali paraded around my kitchen in her baby pink satin robe. Her brunette hair cascaded and flowed with every move that she made.

"I'm fine babe, there's no need to worry. I'm not even hungover." I rubbed my face. "I only had a couple of shots, nothing crazy. I had to loosen up."

"Before talking to Miss Crazy, I'm assuming?" She flashed me her beautiful smile, proud of her deprecating pun. "How'd that go anyway? You never told me."

"There's nothing really much to say. She's fine. Focusing on herself. You know, the usual." I said, turning around to flip through the Netflix selection on TV. "She's cool." 

I saved the gritty details from Ali because she prodded too much when it came to her. She always kepts on her, and it made me uncomfortable. Savannah was of the past, I had to keep reminding myself. Seeing her yesterday was out of courtesy, just to see how she was. That's it. Nothing more.

"'Kay well, I'm gonna hop in the shower. We have to go to Rally House today, don't forget. I want your new jerseys that support their new charity. The black will look good on my tan." She trotted off to the upstairs, giving me much needed slack from explaining last night's events.

Who would've thought Savannah would be modeling? Her face was a sight that was mine and only mine a few years ago, and now was one for the word to see. And what brand was she working for again? Joy? Joyeus? I couldn't remember for the life of me. 

She kept occupying my mind. Her hair was blonde, more blonde than what I was used to- nearly at the platinum level. She had on a white dress yesterday, complimenting her skin tone and her moles all over her arms and legs. Fuck, I thought. My boxers started to tighten, and before I knew it, I had a hard-on. I sighed and threw my head back. Two years and a fucking relationship later and she was still on my mind. 

When Ali showed me those viral pictures, I couldn't believe it. The Twitter account was linked to a girl named Adriana. I figured it was one of her coworkers since she seemed model material as well, but rather it was Steve's girlfriend- who I assume, was the guy she was staying with, and who she slept with. It's a small world after all. 

Months later, apparently she began popping up around Dallas as a representative face for many brands looking for models- makeup, skincare, the whole nine yards. Ali kept track. It was uncomfortable really. Before I knew it, Julia called me and invited me to a 1-year celebration of her wedding anniversary. 

"You don't have to come, I know you two aren't in each other's lives anymore and me and you don't talk as much, but I thought I extend an invite. You two were quite close at some point. It would be a great chance to rekindle."

That rekindling Julia optimistically advertised turned into sob stories and abrupt departure. Something that always occurred between me and Sav. 

I don't think I realized the weight of the opportunity until I had actually reached Julia's house. Being in the presence of their family brought me back to two years ago. The crazy, insecure love we had two years ago. Who were we, back then?

"Hey babe, have you seen my sandals? The Chanel ones?" Ali's voice called from the top of the steps. I immediately broke out of my therapy session in my head. 

"They're down here by the door." I called back. She shuffled down the stairs, and thankfully my hard-on was gone. Deep thought will do that to you. 

"Okay, I'm ready. Let's go." Ali flashed me a flirty smile as she walked past.

As we pulled up to Rally House, memories of me begging for Savannah to come back washed over me. The patterns were becoming more and more painful to realize. "You know, I could've just got you one from the team. Why'd you wanna go here?" I asked, attempting to avoid painful memories.