eighteen

(tyler's pov)

When I woke up, my head was laying in the crook someone's neck, and their hand was rubbing through my hair. The room reeked of marijuana and alcohol. My head was pounding and my ears were ringing. I lifted my head slowly, and saw a beautiful woman.

She had a blunt in her hand, and was only wearing what seemed to be expensive lingerie. Her green eyes drifted down to look at me, while taking a long drag of her blunt.

"Hey." Smoke exhausted from her mouth and nostrils as she greeted me.

"What happened last night?" My voice was deep and raspy, and was still recovering from the burning alcohol last night.

The girl took another drag. "Can't you tell?"

I reluctantly sat up, my head throbbing in the process. My shirt and pants were no where in sight. I only had a pair of boxers on, which led me to believe the inevitable.

"We had sex didn't we?" I rubbed my face in frustration. There wasn't really much to say, and I'm sure she felt the same way too by her response.

"Your neck should answer the question." Her long fingers crushed the remains of her joint, before she got up and opened the windows and blinds.

Swinging myself out of the bed, I walked over to her bathroom, which was conveniently connected to her bedroom. Underneath of her fluorescent lights, I noticed a huge hickey on my neck.

"Shit." There was no way this could go unnoticed. "Hey, uh, do you know how to get rid of a hickey? Fast?"

The girl sauntered over in her lingerie. Her cold hands touched the bruise, sending chills down my spine. She reached for a makeup bottle sitting in a holder on the sink.

"I can try putting makeup on it. Doubt it'll work though." Liquid squirted out of the bottle as she rubbed it in on her palm. "Tilt your head."

I did as told as she rubbed the makeup in onto my skin. It was then I realized that I didn't know this girl's name, and that it would probably benefit me if I did.

"Hey, don't hate me but uh, I don't think I ever got your name." She continued rubbing at the makeup, this time putting a powder like substance on it.

A grin appeared on her face as she finished hiding my hickey. "It's Jessica."

I smiled. "You look like a Jessica." This caused a cute laugh to come out of her.

"I'm sure I do." Jessica walked off and flopped onto her bed. "When are you getting out of my place?"

"Whenever you want me to, I guess?" I looked in the mirror and saw that my hickey was covered and unnoticeable. "Why, you don't want me around?"

"Not really, no." Jessica was laying on her stomach, scrolling down on her phone. I walked out of the bathroom and laid on the bed next to her.

"You're kidding right?" My eyebrows furrowed as I watched her continue to scroll down her phone.

"Maybe." Those shiny green eyes sent me a glance before signaling her to grin. "You gotta girl at home?"

Savannah's familiar face popped into my head. "No." I said nonchalantly.

"You're lying. Why aren't you claiming her?" Jessica's face hid behind a pillow, only allowing her eyes to be seen.

"Well, I wouldn't consider her my girl, that's a litt-"

"Why wouldn't you?" She cut me off. My stomach got butterflies as she looked at me. Savannah was the last person I wanted to think about right now, especially after what happened last night. She was probably worried sick about me.

"I- I don't know. We're not together. I wouldn't say she's my girl if we weren't together." I knew I sounded weird and flustered the moment the words came out my mouth. Jessica furrowed her eyebrows.

"What's her name?"

"Savannah."

Jessica's eyes widened a little before sitting up. "You got a picture of her?" She placed her face onto her palms.

"Yeah, give me a second." I reached for my phone on the night stand next to her bed. Sav did have a Twitter, and I was positive that she followed me on it and vice versa. I scrolled through her photos before seeing a pretty picture of her and her sister. My face burned a little as I stared a little longer than I wanted to.

"Here." I handed my phone to Jess. She zoomed in, lifting the phone to her face. She squinted a little, before handing her back my phone. A small grin appeared on her face, before quickly disappearing.

"She looks familiar." Her voice was monotone as she rubbed her face. "You like her?"

A question that I never had a certain answer to. "Uh, yeah. I guess."

"Then why are you here with me?"

Jessica's green eyes caught me again. I didn't really have an answer to that either. "I-I don't know."

She sat up on the side of the bed, rubbing her face. "You should go." Jessica walked into the living room and came back with my clothes. "You really shouldn't be here with me."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her. "Why are you making me leave all of a sudden?"

Jess stared at me before looking away. "It's around 1:30. I wouldn't consider it 'all of a sudden'."

I made my way to the front door with Jess following behind me. "You know, I kinda wish I could've stayed longer."

She shook her head. "No you don't." Jess opened the door for me. "I'll see you around. Maybe." A hand ran through her blonde waves before it dropped to her waist.

"Yeah. See ya." I pursed my lips in response before heading out the door.