eleven

(tyler's pov)

There were numerous times that I regretted doing something embarrassing, but if one could take the cake, it would be kissing Savannah.

The kiss itself wasn't embarrassing. It was anything but. It was the fact that I did it so... suddenly. I probably freaked her out. Again.

But it couldn't have bothered her too much, since she wrapped her arms around me. Maybe I was just over analyzing everything. I always did when it came to her.

I decided to call Julia and ask her to come by to watch over Savannah, since I wouldn't be home. Leaving her was definitely the last thing I wanted to do, especially because of her situation, but it was something that had to be done. I sighed as I scrolled through my contacts and called her.

"Hey." Julia chimed. "Did something happen? Usually when you call something bad has happened."

"Uh, actually.. yeah. Savannah hit her head again."

I could hear Julia sigh over the phone. "Is she okay?"

"No, she actually, got diagnosed with Traumatic Brain Injury." I cringed a little as I reminisced on the confirmation back in Ed's office. There was a small pause as I paced around in my room. Marshall raised and cocked his head to the side when our eyes met.

"What's that?" Julia asked.

I sighed as I began to explain. "Since she hit her head the same place that was already injured, the brain sustained more damage, so her memory is going to be off for a bit and her mood swings are gonna be insane."

It was Julia's turn to sigh. She chuckled under her breath quietly. "It's always Savannah, I swear. It doesn't make any sense to me anymore how she gets herself into situations like these."

"I guess." I rubbed the back of my neck. "Yeah, well I called to ask if you could come by and watch over her. They need her to stay home and have someone to watch over her at all times, but I obviously can't do that since I have games and stuff."

"Yeah, that's cool. I don't do anything anyways. When do you need me to come by?"

"Tomorrow, actually. Is that okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's fine." Julia sighed again, which made my heart feel heavy. "Thanks for calling Tyler."

"No problem Jul. You can come around like noon."

"Gotcha. See ya." Julia hung up. I rubbed my face for a good second before sighing for what seemed like the 50th that night. The house was quiet and felt a little darker than usual. My dogs were slouched in the corner of my room, and my blinds were nearly shut all the way. I decided to leave it that way, being as though I started to become tired.

I dragged myself out of my room and into Savannah's. I creaked the door open enough for me to peek in.

Savannah was sprawled out on the bed, in what seemed like only an over sized shirt. The clothes she dumped were still in huge piles from earlier. The lamp next to her bed was on. It was so quiet in the house that I could hear it buzzing.

I wanted to walk in and just flop on the bed next to her, wrap my arms around her and never let go, but I knew I wouldn't. I lowered my head as I shut her door.

There was something so different about Savannah. I've met and talked to more girls than I can even count, and even did some things with a couple of them. But Savannah? She was different. A little too different. I couldn't pinpoint it.

Instead of flopping on her bed, I flopped on mine. Marshall and Cash jumped up next to me, getting theirselves comfortable as we both dozed off.

~