forty five

It was around 11 AM when I woke up, and I felt like complete, utter shit. My head was pounding, my cramps were out of control, and my mouth was dry. Every bone in my body was aching.

Someone left a bottle of water and some aspirin for me to take on my nightstand. I chugged the water down my throat, which only made me feel about .02% better.

Last night was a complete blur. I remember talking to Ryan, and Tyler going to get some beer, but I really couldn't completely remember everything. Tyler wasn't in the bed next to me, which was something I was used to by now.

I shuffled out of bed and headed into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. There was a huge hickey on the one side of my neck, the side that Tyler didn't attack the other night. I sighed, thinking of all the possible scenarios that allowed the bruise to get in my neck.

I shuffled downstairs lazily with my bottle of water in my hand and the aspirin in the other. No one was in the living room, which must've meant that my parents were upstairs. There was a bit of shuffling around in the kitchen which could've been Tyler. It was.

He was sitting at a small table in the kitchen, scrolling down on his phone. His hair was disheveled and he looked a bit tired- and irritated. He was wearing typical NHL gear and some gym shorts, but nonetheless he still looked good. "Hey Tyler," I groaned out. He looked at me before giving me a pseudo smile.

I walked past him and placed a kiss on his cheek, before getting a bowl of cereal out. The Crunch berries fell out into the bowl loudly, which intensified my headache a bit. I poured some milk into the bowl, and headed back to the table that Tyler was at, sitting across from him.

"Did you have fun yesterday?" He asked, still scrolling on his phone. I nodded my head as I chewed my cereal.

"Yeah, did you?" I asked. Tyler looked at me cynically, causing my stomach to churn in an uncomfortable way. "Why you looking at me like that?"

Tyler sat his phone down, sighing. "Yeah, I had fun. Besides my 'girlfriend' saying that she never loved me, and that she used me to get over her ex boyfriend, yeah I had a great time." He flashed me a fake smile.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "What are you talking about Tyler?" I couldn't help but sigh. This was going to evolve into something it didn't have to be, and I really wasn't in the mood for it.

"Of course, you're hungover. You're not going to remember the bullshit you were yelling at me yesterday. But I'm sure if I was Ryan, you would remember right?" Tyler's eyes were cold and stern, which was something I wasn't used to.

"What? Tyler, I don't remember anything from last night but you getting beer and hanging out with Ryan. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't say or do anything too crazy." I took another bite of my cereal.

"Yeah, and I was pretty sure that you 'loved me', but since you told me out of your mouth that you were leaving me in the morning and that you hated me, I guess we can't be too sure about each other now can we?" Tyler scoffed. "You're fucking crazy, Savannah."

That pissed me off. I was crazy? Who the hell did he think he was talking to? What was he talking about? "Instead of preparing yourself to bitch me out like you always do, maybe you should tell me what I did that was so wrong."

"That's the problem, Sav. Even if I do tell you what you did wrong, you're not going to care. You're going to yell at me, for some unknown reason, just like you did last night. I'm not in the mood for it today." Tyler got up and looked into the fridge and got himself a bottle of water. "You never listen to anyone if they're not telling you what you want to hear."

"Yeah, because you know me right? You know every, little detail about me, I forgot. I also forgot that you were my dad, always telling me how I feel, and how I act." I lost my appetite and began spooning around the cereal in the bowl.