forty nine

We finally landed back in Dallas at about 6pm. Tyler must've had some type of withdrawal from his dogs that he didn't tell me about since we drove from the airport straight to the doggy hotel. Marshall and Cash barked uncontrollably and frolicked amongst each other in the backseat of Tyler's Jeep, despite the heavy packing in the back. They would occasionally pop their heads in the front and lick Tyler's arms while he was driving. It felt good to be back in Dallas, and not have to worry about anything and everything like I did back home. I was already beginning to miss my mom and dad, but they promised they would keep in touch more often than they have been.

Tyler and I got ourselves situated and settled as soon as we got in the house. I fell asleep for the night as soon as I laid my body on the couch. When I woke up in the morning, it was already 11 AM and I was laying in an empty bed in Tyler's room. There was a bunch of loud shuffling downstairs which led me to hope that Tyler was cooking something to eat. I was still in my clothes from yesterday, but it wasn't anything to get worked up about since it was sweatpants and a VS PINK tank top.

I headed downstairs and saw Tyler putting dishes in the dishwasher. My eyes almost popped out of their sockets when I saw him- he never cleaned up after himself. "Are you going to ask for something later?" I asked leaning on the kitchen counter.

Tyler whipped his head towards me. He looked good as usual, but something was different- he shaved. "Why you say that?" He asked while wiping his hands on his shirt.

"You never put the dishes away." There was bacon sitting on the counter that I helped myself to. "Did you shave?"

"Yeah, I did it while you were sleep." His typical sly smile appeared on his face. "You like it?"

I shrugged. "It's alright. You were overdue for one anyways."

Tyler scoffed. "Yeah, and you were overdue for your blonde hair to come back."

"I know." I deadpanned. "That's why I dyed it back silly."

Tyler pursed his lips before heading back into the dining room with me following. We sat across from each other, taking in each other's bare morning faces. It was weird seeing Tyler with a hairless face, but it was something that I could get used to.

"Sav, I've been meaning to talk to you about something." Tyler's eyes glared at mine, sending chills down my body just like the first day we met.

I narrowed my eyes, preparing myself for whatever was about to go down. "And what's that, Tyler?"

He shifted in his seat and exhaled before answering my question. "Okay, so, I was thinking that you should go back to school." Tyler made a quick pause when he saw my confused face. "I say that because you said that you didn't think about what you wanted to do. And I want to help with that. You figure out what you want to do, and I'll pay for the classes."

I sighed and ran a hand over my face. Back to school? Tyler paying for it all? "Tyler, college is expensive-"

"And the sky is blue." He interrupted. "Sav, seriously don't start. I'll pay for everything. You don't have to worry about it. I understand how you feel now about not knowing what you want to do, and I want to help solve that."

I stared at him with my head laying on my hand. "I don't want you paying for everything, though." Tyler rolled his eyes. "Okay, how about this. I pay for the textbooks, because those are batshit expensive."

Tyler shrugged. "If you want to, then go ahead. I just want to make sure you get everything you deserve, and you deserve a lot."

I couldn't help but smile. "You're such a loser."