sixty one

(TYLER'S POV)

"I really don't know man, it's creeping me out." I said chugging down my beer. "Like, it's unsettling at this point."

Jesse shrugged and rubbed a hand through his long hair. "And you have no clue what the issue is?"

I shook my head, rubbing my face. "I don't want be that person, but honestly, I think she has like bipolar disorder or something like that. I've known her for a while now, and I've seen her mood swings. They're not as bad as they have been recently. Before I left the house, she was saying the girls were making fun of her. They don't even know her. And she was so intent on telling me that she felt as if she didn't belong there. The weird part? She like, cried one tear and said she was fine. It's just weird as fuck."

"That sounds like anxiety." Jesse's girlfriend said. "But I'm no doctor, and I don't believe in self-diagnosing. You should take her to the doctors."

"Trust me, I'm planning too. I've just been so busy with this wild schedule, with hockey being back and all." I sighed. "I don't want to sound crazy, but I just know something is wrong with her."

An awkward silence resonated over the living room of Jesse's apartment. It was late now, and I was a couple of beers in and a bit more emotional than usual. All I was doing now was waiting for a phone call from Savannah, and praying that she was alright. Times like these made me regret mistreating her in the past, and made me thankful that she had no where to go, as sick as it might sound. If she did, I wouldn't have any type of discipline in my life whatsoever. Who knows what I could be into if I wasn't at Jesse's place stressing over her. Whatever it was, I'm positive that it wouldn't be worth it in the end like this would be. She looked so good before I left, damn I wish I would've stayed. I could've stayed upstairs. So why the hell didn't I? The things I would do to be buried insi-

"Tyler, are you going to be okay to drive home? You look a bit gone." Jesse asked, cleaning the coffee table up.

"I don't think so, I'm sorry." I leaned back and ran a hand over my face. "I do need to go home, though."

"I know man. I'll drive for you. Is that cool?"

"Yeah. Anything is fine with me as long as I see Sav." I mumbled.

Before I knew it, I was falling asleep. Lucid pictures of Savannah saying something to me was all I saw. It became an incoherent yell until she shoved me, waking me up with a jump. "What time is it?" I asked to no one in particular.

"11:52."

I closed my eyes and Savannah greeted me again, this time ranting off at the mouth before getting into my bed. Her body was wrapped in a milky white robe that was slipping off at her shoulder. "You love me right?" She asked.

My phone started ringing uncontrollably, making me shoot up. It was Savannah.

"Hello?" I coughed out.

"Hey, everyone's gone."

A warmth that could only be felt by drinking alcohol spread throughout my body. I was definitely buzzed. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Can you believe I'm not tired?" She giggled.

I let out a loud sigh. "Savannah, I need you so bad right now. I'm sorry I left, I didn't mean to. I'm so selfish."

She paused. "Huh?"

I laughed out loud. "I'm on my way babygirl."

"'Kay."

I hung up, restricting myself from saying anything else I would regret. "Jesse, I'm ready."

"I already have your keys. You look like you need a good night's rest." He joked. I cracked a grin as his response.