seventy five

(TYLER'S POV)

My last words to Savannah were "I'll see you later, princess." I haven't seen or heard from her since.

The emptiness that swallowed my house whole was ripping me apart. Not only was it quiet, but it was vacant. Waking up every morning to turn around and see no one there made my stomach churn. To go in the bathroom and not see blonde strands of hair spaced across the bathroom sink and counter left me numb. To see Savannah's favorite cup on the 3rd shelf with all the other cups, instead of the 1st where she could reach it made my heart heavy.

I couldn't help but pick my house apart now that the person I shared it with for a year was gone. Savannah was fucking gone.

Julia told me she managed to access her work schedule by getting into her email account, and decided to "stop by". However, an argument apparently ensued, leaving Julia to drop Savannah as her assistant for her wedding. I decided to tell Julia the truth that Savannah wouldn't say; how she didn't want to help at all, and wanted nothing to do with her wedding.

"Yeah, she told me." Julia sighed as she fiddled with her spiral chain of keys. "I just wish she would've said something in the first place, instead of holding it in. I wouldn't have been upset if she was just honest with me. It's not a hard thing to do."

"Did she say anything about me? Like why she left or anything." I asked. The pain was evident in my voice, and I suddenly felt Julia's pity.

She shook her head with pursed lips. "She just wanted to 'take a break'."

Well the break lasted for months. Spring came, and so did the playoffs. We clinched a berth prior to the start of them thankfully, but it just didn't feel the same. Nothing did.

Jamie and Jason would occasionally ask me to come out with them, and I'd decline. Even though I had no one to ask for permission or run plans by, I still felt as if I didn't deserve to go. I only went out with them once after constant nagging, and it was a horrible experience. Multiple girls offered me drinks and tried to hook up with me, but I couldn't do it. All of them were mediocre compared to Savannah.

Her absence physically ached me. She blocked my number, and I had no way of reaching her. I was ashamed of myself and of my life in general. My performance was deteriorating as well, and it was simply because I couldn't focus. My attention span was the equivalent of a squirrel. It got to the point where I had to be benched for the remainder of a practice.

The pain was obvious, and I knew I was bringing the others down. I started to build a hate for Savannah. She left me for no reason, after all I did for her. Maybe she was one of those girls in the end. Maybe she really didn't care at all. I didn't know, and I doubted that I would even figure it out in the end.

However, on a warm night in May, my phone buzzed. Savannah's name was on my screen, and my heart immediately dropped to my ass. My hands started to shake slightly as I read her message:

Hry

What? I furrowed my eyebrows. Did she spell hey wrong? The letter E was right to the R, so that may have been the case. I sent her back question marks in response.

Minutes passed and I began to panic. Did she take me off of blocklist? If she did, why? What the hell was going on?

I wasn't going to allow this to be the only conversation I had with her over an empty five month period, so I swallowed my fears and called her.

"Hey," Savannah slurred. "Remember me?"

"Sav," I panted, overwhelmed. "What are you doing?"

"Talkingtoyou, silly. I miss you so much, you know that?"

She was drunk. Savannah was drunk off of her ass, I knew she was. Her voice was deeper than usual, and I could hear the struggle of her putting her words together.

"Are you drunk Savannah?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah, I'm completely gone, like, I'm sitting upside down. I can't believe it. Are you gonna say you miss me too? 'Cause I hope you do, ya' know?" Each word was spoken in a different tone. "I miss you sooo much."

"Why'd you leave? You never told me." I struggled to keep my composure. I fucking missed this girl, and she left me, yet she texted me drunk, only for it turn into missed connections. I wanted her to be sober.

"Why'd I leave? I left because... uhh, I think because.. I don't really remember." A charming giggle was heard on the other line, driving me nuts. "Don't hate me. I was being stupid. We're all stupid sometimes, right?"

"Then why don't you come back? I miss you Sav. I need you. I don't hate you, I just miss you so fucking much. Just come back and we can be how we used to be. In love with each other and inseparable. Please Sav, for me."

"I can't do that silly," Savannah teased. "If I could, I would, but I can't. I'm sorry baby."

My chest clenched at hearing her call me baby. "Why the fuck not?" I barked carelessly. Frustration began to pump through my body. "Just tell me where you are, and I'll come get you. And we can be happy again. Together. Isn't that what you want?"

"I want... I want to not have a hangover, you know? Hahaha, those things suck, I think I might have one-"

I chucked my phone across the bedroom. It hit the wall with a loud thud and I heard a snap as it hit the ground. It was useless; everything was fucking useless. What was the point in trying to reconnect with her if her main concern was a hangover? It was obvious that I didn't deserve the actual respect for her to call me while she was sober.

Savannah was gone. That fact was inescapable, yet it was more obvious now than it was before.

twisted // tyler seguinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara