twenty six

Tyler and I were finally at the carnival that he praised all week, after being lost for a good 45 minutes. We occasionally had to stop and ask a couple of teens where it was, some of them recognizing Tyler and asking for a picture. It felt like the longest ride of my life.

When we got there, it was around 7, and a lot of kids and teens were out. Some of them made me cringe by the way they dressed, and their group of friends who talked a little too loudly to be next to each other. It reminded me too much of my high school years.

Tyler was acting more differently than usual, but that's something I've grown used to in certain situations. "I don't want you getting hit on, so it's best that we just act as a couple to eliminate that from happening in the first place." His voice was deep as he whispered in my ear.

We were in line for the Music Express, a popular ride I loved since I was younger. Tyler was giggling out of control next to me, antsy out of excitement to get on the ride.

When the people got off, Tyler grabbed my wrist and pulled me as fast as possible onto the ramp to get on the ride. We headed towards the back, finding an empty seat. I stepped in, earning an ass grab from Tyler in the process.

"Tyler, stop." I smacked his wrist, causing him to wince as he hopped in next to me. I furrowed my eyebrows in annoyance.

He pulled the safety bar down over us while laughing, causing me to sigh. The operator came around and shoved it down, making sure it was locked. "Thanks man." Tyler called out.

I side eyed him, causing him to smile. "You're acting really weird tonight." Tyler laid his arms on the back of the seat as he turned towards me.

"Am I Sav?" He grinned at me. "I'm just tryna havin' fun, you know?" His hand that laid on the seat behind me patted my head.

The ride began to accelerate as the lights began to flash. Tyler screamed in response, pumping his hands into the air. Suddenly, the ride sped up to an unexpected speed. I flew into Tyler's rib as we turned a corner, causing him to whip his head. He laughed at the sight of me lodged between the bar and his body.

I tried to move back, but whatever scientific force it was didn't allow me. My hands gripped the bar as I tried to use it to make me return to a comfortable position, but I continued to fail. The ride was zooming at this point, everyone's bodies hopping up as we flew over the bumps.

"Sav, you're killing my ribs!" Tyler yelled over the loud music. He tried to push me off of him, but physics just wasn't allowing it.

"How the hell do you thin-"

"WHO WANTS TO GO BACKWARDS?" The operators voice boomed over the loud speaker. Loud screams followed in response as the ride finally slowed down. Tyler and I took this as a chance to reposition ourselves. I gripped the bar again, using it as a leverage to sit up straight accordingly. He wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me towards him. I turned my head to see his sly grin plastered on his face.

"Just trying to help." His voice was low and giddy as he looked me up and down. I couldn't help but blush.

The ride began to accelerate again, this time backwards. I shot into Tyler's side again, causing him to grunt out of pain. "I'm sorry!" I cried out instantly. He smiled, his grip on me loosening due to the change of speed.

"You're fine, don't worry." He yelled out.

The ride was worse backwards. You didn't know when you would hit a bump since you couldn't see any. I continued to pin Tyler against the edge of the cart, probably breaking his ribs in the process for the rest of the ride.

When we got off, I was a bit dizzy. Tyler's huge frame stumbled out of the cart, me following behind him. "That was fun, yeah?" He asked me smiling. His face was tomato red, something I've never seen on him before.