sixteen

(TYLER'S POV)

[WARNING: smut towards the end of the chapter]

Tomorrow was game 82 for the Stars. It was a home game, which made it all the better. Jamie, Jason and I decided we would go out afterwards and have a couple of drinks to celebrate the end of the season. I told Savannah about it as she sat on the kitchen counter eating an apple.

"Where are you going?" Her mouth was full of food, and she showed no remorse about it.

"It's this small bar. We were only going to go after the game." I watched as Savannah took another munch out of the apple.

"What time are you coming back home?"

"Depends, I guess."

Savannah furrowed her eyebrows and hopped off the counter to throw her apple out.

"You're funny Tyler."

She didn't mind too much, I would've known if she did. We both spent the rest of the day lounging around the house, until I suggested we watch Netflix in the living room. I pulled out the cushions on the couch that was in the back to turn it into a bed.

"That's a pullout bed?" Savannah asked.

"Yeah. You didn't know that?"

She shook her head. "Nope."

"Well, I was always confused as to why you would lay on it and not pull it out." I laughed.

We laid on the couch together and watched what seemed like every movie Netflix had to offer. Savannah picked Clueless first, a classic movie she said loved. I pointed out that she looked like the main character Cher a couple of times before she hit me. I chose Wolf of Wall Street next, which as expected, threw Sav out of place when a sex scene came on.

"This was the only reason you picked the movie isn't it?" She sat up as she began on one of her infamous tangents.

I laughed and grabbed her head and laid her on my chest. "Just don't watch it, you don't have to flip out on me." Her hair was softer than usual as I ran my hands through her long waves.

"Whatever, you're annoying." Savannah's voice was muffled as she laid her head down on her crossed arms. The sound of the bed rocking from the TV was the only sound that could be heard among us.

It was Savannah's turn to chose the next movie, and much to my surprise, she chose the Tarantino classic Pulp Fiction. She said it was one of her favorite movies, even though she 'didn't understand it after seeing it over 1,000 times'. How she managed to watch the three hour movie over 5 times was enough to baffle me.

Sav fell asleep halfway through the movie. I managed to stay awake throughout the remainder of it, trying to connect the different subplots before the credits rolled. I didn't complete much before my eyes started burning, and decided it was smart to fall asleep also.

~

When I woke up, Savannah was shaking my shoulder. She was over top of me, her hair in my face.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for today?"

I sat up instantly and checked the time. It was 9:20. I had to be at the rink for the morning skate by at least 10.

"Sav, you're a life saver, thank you." I grabbed her face and kissed her, regardless if she was expecting it not. I hurried to my room and shoved all of my practice gear into my bag. Savannah had made her way upstairs and watched me go into the bathroom. I got ready and managed to get out of the house by 9:45.