nineteen

(tyler's pov)

I knew I was going to get caught as soon as I unlocked the front door. My hangover was uncompromising, giving me a massive headache and not a lot of excuses to throw at Sav.

Savannah wasn't buying anything I said. To make it worse, I got caught up in one of my lies. She was hurt. I knew she was. She told me she wasn't, but I knew she was.

I felt bad, but it wasn't to the point where I wanted to talk to her about it. If I did, I knew I would be transparent. There wouldn't be anything genuine to my apology. I didn't want to apologize. What was there to apologize for?

Jessica's beauty was obvious. Those green eyes and her walk reminded me of a feline. I wanted more from her, more than what I got today. There was something so amusing about her and her lingerie, and those illegal joints she would smoke by the hour.

I texted her number, which I got after running back to her apartment before leaving the building. She called me a 'douche', and said she couldn't deny me of it after I made the hassle to come back upstairs.

It was a simple hey that I sent her way. I got response shortly after.

is this who i think it is?

I chuckled to myself.

If you think it's Tyler, then yes

She replied quickly again.

call me. i don't feel like texting

My heart skipped a beat. Savannah was downstairs, so I didn't think there was a way she could hear me, as long as I talked low. I pushed the phone symbol next to Jess' name.

"Hey." Her voice chimed through the over line.

"Hey babe." I couldn't help but make a pass at her. I pictured her, laying in her bed with a different set of lingerie on, smoking a joint. Her loud exhale proved my fantasy to hold some type of truth.

"Don't call me babe."

"Why not?"

"I don't want you calling me that."

"You like princess better?" My voice croaked due to my dry mouth. Jess laughed over the other line.

"No, quite frankly I don't." She paused, probably to take another drag of her blunt. "Why'd you text me?"

"I was thinking about you." A smile crept on my face, as I picked at the lint on my shirt.

"Why? You missed me?" Her voice didn't hold too much amusement to it. Jess' question sounded more of a statement than anything else.

"I might've."

There was a long sigh on the other line. "Babe, you shouldn't be missing people like me."

"Yeah, and what's that supposed to mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows at her response.

There was another exhale that could be heard. "You just shouldn't." Jess coughed a little before sighing again.

"What if I want to hang out with you tomorrow?"

Jess paused, taking another drag of her joint. "What about your girl at home? She know you're on the phone with me?"

Savannah. She was probably still downstairs watching TV. A wave of guilt washed over me, causing me to rub my face and sigh. "She's downstairs."

Jess laughed on the other side of line. "You're a sneaky bastard." Another pause occurred. "What do you want to do tomorrow?"

"Uh, we could go get something to eat. Or maybe the park."

"The park sounds nice. Sounds really nice, honestly. I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Yeah, I guess you will."

"Bye."

I hung up with a huge grin on my face. It was a bit sappy, but I couldn't care less. Seeing Jessica tomorrow gave me a bit of happiness. I decided to drift off for a nap.

- -

When I woke up, it was 9pm. The TV downstairs could be heard from my room. It sounded as if Sav was watching a movie.

I rubbed my face as I got out of bed and headed downstairs. The noise from the TV got louder as I recognized a famous tune playing.

"Grease?" Sav had the couch pulled out into a bed, and had an empty bag of Goldfish next to her. She turned around and saw me and spit into the bag.

"Yeah. What's wrong with that?" On the TV, John Travolta and his crew were dancing around his car, singing Grease Lightning.

Savannah munched on something before spitting it out into the Goldfish bag. "What are you eating?" I asked, watching her put more into her mouth.

"Sunflower seeds." She dumped more into her mouth, swirling them around before cracking them, and spitting them out into the bag.

I made my way over to the pull out couch, before laying down next to Sav. "I don't remember buying those."

"'Cause you didn't." She spit out another seed. "I went to the store and bought them."

I cocked my head to the side. "How did you get there?"

"I drove."

I raised my eyebrows. "How the hell did you drive? You took my car?"

Sav paused the movie and turned to look at me. "Yes. You were sleep, and I was craving some sunflower seeds. So I decided to hop in your car, and drive over to the store." She shrugged afterwards, before putting more seeds in her mouth.

"You know you shouldn't be driving."

"Yeah, and it's not like you really care either. I'm cleared anyways so I don't see the problem." She resumed the movie on the TV.

"You know, it really seems like you don't want to get better. It doesn't matter if you're cleared or not, you still need to take care of your health. And I'm not going to be on top of you, making sure that you're al-"

"Says the guy who got shit faced drunk last night, and hooked up with some girl and probably fucked her brains out right?" Sav turned the TV off before yanking a blanket off of her."Taking advice from you is the last thing I'd ever do." She walked off, making her way up the steps, leaving me in the quiet living room.

Fuck. I should've known better than to piss Sav off even more, but hell, who the fuck did she think she was? Taking my car without my permission, to get a cheap bag of seeds? And then get mad at me about it?

And was she really getting pissed off at me for last night? She told me earlier she wasn't upset. But, like I said, I knew she was.

I let out a loud sigh, hoping some of my mistakes would expire with the breath I let out. Sav was more upset than she wanted me to know. But why couldn't she just tell me? What was holding her back?

I suddenly remembered my outing with Jess tomorrow, and a sense of dread filled my body.