fifty

(TYLER'S POV)

Flying to LA last minute was one thing, telling Sav that I was flying to LA last minute was something completely different. She was pissed, but then again- when wasn't she?

I honestly forgot, and it was pretty easy to let the details slip my mind especially with the situations we had to deal with the past week. I would guess she came to realize that too, after she came downstairs and gave me a passive apology. It was a cycle with her. A cycle I was used to.

The 24 hours after having received the curse out from Savannah, I was packed and ready to go to LA. I would only be there for two days, and I would be back by or on Friday. I relayed this information to Savannah, but it didn't waver her attitude.

The only thing I was really worried about, was my friend Mike. He screamed and breathed the bachelor lifestyle, and I knew we weren't going to be up to par with each other now that I had a girlfriend- which meant that I wouldn't be able to commit to any one night stands like I used to. He wouldn't mind too much, I'm sure, but this was Mike we were taking about.

It was pretty lonely, not having the total babe Savannah was to annoy and bother throughout the car and plane ride there. Either way if I took her or not, I'm sure she would've complained.

When I met up with Mike at the airport, I told him everything that happened since we last met. I told him about Savannah, her concussion, the incident with Jessica, flying back to Jersey, and everything in between. He was pretty amused with everything I told him, and he simply responded by saying "that's what happens when you choose commitment". He wasn't lying.

I also told him about how I truly felt about Savannah, how crazy in love I was with her. It felt like I was talking about her for hours, pointing out every detail big or small that I noticed when I was with her. Mike insisted that he met her as soon as possible, but I told him I didn't how that could happen unless he visited Dallas.

-

The ESPY's were the day after I landed, and it wasn't really much to look forward to. The NHL was barely ever mentioned in American media for some unknown reason, so it really did prove useless for me to go in the end. I'm sure Savannah was patting herself on the back at home.

It wasn't until after the awards that I was looking forward to, because I knew there would be a shit load of after parties to choose to attend. And after parties meant drinking, and it was a while since I had me a nice drink. But then again, I remember the last time I had a drink at an after party- and the outcome wasn't necessarily worth it.

But then again, you did learn from your mistakes. Specifically, I learned from my mistakes. I just wouldn't have as much to drink like I did last time. And I wouldn't fall for a girl who smoked Marijuana at the bar.

When the awards ended, I asked Mike where he wanted to go.

"Let's go to the bar, I don't want to do anything too crazy." He had a smile on his face as he got up and adjusted his suit jacket. "Plus you're tied down anyway, you don't need to go to an after party."

"Dude, I can handle myself. I'm not going to go and get completely hammered." I scoffed.

"Yeah well, that's not what happened in the story you told me. It's the bar or nothing, and plus I don't even know anyone here that well enough to crash at their place."

We headed back to the car and drove to a local bar that had a good amount of people. Luckily, a couple of bar stools were open. Mike and I got ourselves situated and ordered a couple of drinks, and before I knew it we were a bit buzzed and deep in conversation.

"So, you thinking about marrying this Savannah girl?" Mike slurred, holding onto his beer.

I shrugged, rubbing my eyes. "Maybe. She's the light of my life. I dunno what I'd do without her."

Mike shrugged. "Yeah, I get that, but are you really, and dude, I mean really willing to give up-" His hands gestured to the area around us. "This?"

I shook my head. "I could still drink, and do crazy stuff. Just in... moderation."

"I don't know man." Mike's voice went up as if he were warning me. "You really don't know what you have until it's gone. And trust me," He leaned in towards me, his eyes already showing traces of becoming bloodshot. "When, or if, a ring finally gets on the both of you guy's fingers, and you come home after every game and she's yelling at you, complaining about how you need to come home earlier, you're gonna remember this conversation. And you're gonna call me up, and I'm going to simply say, that I told you so."

Whether it was the alcohol pounding throughout my veins, or Mike's oddly intimidating stare, his words seemed.. truthful. Savannah was already the feisty, dominating type. Who knew what type of schemes she would pull when we were married? But this was Savannah we were talking about, and I was sure that she wouldn't make her identity and personality do a total 180. But why was there some underlying truth and a nagging at my head thanks to Mike's words?

"Excuse me?" A small voice called out from behind me. I turned around and saw a beautiful brunette who had to be in her early twenties. "You're Tyler Seguin and Mike Stud right?"

I made eye contact with Mike and he smiled at me. "Yeah, we are. What's up?"

"Oh nothing, I just knew you two looked familiar." Her manicured hand managed to find a way to rest on my shoulder. A pair of gorgeous blue eyes captured mine as a devious side grin appeared on her face. "How about I buy you two your next round of drinks? How's that sound?"

Mike laughed. "Sounds good to me."

Music to her ears. Her eyes lowered down to mine which made my pants grow a bit tighter. "How about you, Ty?"

My face flushed, and a familiar, binding, burning sensation was back. "It sounds good to me, beautiful." The girl smiled and called the bartender over.

Was I about to pry into something that I had no business doing? No, I was not. I wasn't because I had a beautiful girl back home, who was waiting for me to come back, without falling for a trap like this. I wasn't foolish, I knew how to play this game. I've played it before, plenty of times. Savannah was mine, and I had to remind myself that each time the beautiful young lady's hand patted my shoulder every time her charming laugh left her mouth.