Chapter 29

"Higher! Higher!" You grunted. "How high do you want me to go?" Aaron chuckled.

"As high as you can! I wanna put the tree on!" "Alright, but your feet on my shoulders.

You smiled when you were as tall as the tree before putting down the star.

"Done! Okay Aaron, you can put me down now!" You were set back to the floor right as Melissa placed a hand on your head.

"Nice job sweetie, the stars position looks perfect." You smiled at the praise.

"Thank you!" "How are those popcorn decorations going?" Aphmau called.

Sylvana and Rachel were making those and they haven't foughr the entire time while doing so.

"Oh, just great!" "It would be going a lot faster if someone wasn't eating as we made them..." Sylvana growled angrily at Rachels words causing you to sigh.

Spoke too soon...

"Hmm...Hey, Melissa. Where did your dad go? He was here just helping us a few minutes ago!" "He had to take a business call. He's in the kitchen." "Figures." Aaron sighed.

"Well... Even companies like ours have to work during the holidays. You know, it's rare Mom and Dad get days off." "Yeah, but..." "I'm going to go talk to

him. Y/n?" "Let's go!" "You shouldn't interrupt him." "Girls--" "He can get really angry when interrupted during a business deal."

"We won't interrupt him!" "We're just gonna remind him about holiday magic! Now, be right back. You guys keep decorating." Your ear twitched at the audden crunching and turned to Rachel.

"Miss. Rachel? Are you eating the popcorn?" "N-No! I--" "Aha! I saw that! And I have Y/n as a witness!"

"You saw nothing." You laughed at the two before flinching at Dereks rather loud yelling.

"What do you mean they're trying to back out of the deal?!" He shouted.

"Come on Y/n..." "Mm..." Aphmau and yourself went to talk to the man as your eara fell slightly.

He seemed really upset. Maybe it would be better to leave him be?

You don't think you could handle being yelled at...

"....Well, you get that deal back! I don't care if it takes ten hours of us being on the phone! We are going to work through this!"

"Umm...Paw~Paw?" You spoke first.

"Not right now, sweetheart. I'm busy.....Does it look like I'm angry?.....I don't care if you can't see my face! Listen to my voice!"

"P-Paw~Paw..." "Hold on, sweetheart. I said I was busy."

You winced at his voice taking a slightly athorative tone before Aphmau spoke up.

"Excuse me, I'll take that!"

You were expecting her to hold the phone put of Dereks reach but jumped and yelped slightly when she threw his phone out of the window.

That was something they'd have to pay to fix later, clearly...

"What the--?! D-D-Did you just--? You realize you broke your own window, right!?"

"Your not mad about your phone?" You questioned. "Ha-ha! Nonsense. A good businessman always comes prepared!" Oh.

He has another phone.

This time, you took it and chucked it.

"Sorry Paw~Paw..." "Ha! Don't apologize. You can never be too careful!"