Chapter 3

She stopped pounding on the door, panting.

Her trembling little fists had grown sore from the amount of times she forced herself to knock, getting no answer whatsoever. She wanted to shout. Maybe if someone heard her, they'd come outside.

But the screaming from earlier made it too hard to scream again.

It also attracts too much attention.

And with Papa Wolf injured - she looked down at the man worridly - If a bad guy were to come out now, it'd be really hard to escape.

This was their best bet. That's what Papa said, anyway.

So if she couldn't knock, she'd kick the door. And if that didn't work she'd slam her body against it or even her own head. No matter how weak and tired she was.

Papa needed help. She was going to get him help.

Bracing herself, she pressed both hands on the door an reeled her leg back, ready to kick...!

When suddenly, the door flys open making her leg meet nothing but air, her body falling onto the cold concrete.

"Oof..! Ouch.."

The fall hurt way more than it should've. The impact made her knees sore. Much more sore than holding her weight up had made them.

But, despite the pain numbing most of her senses, she did manage to hear the rough stomping of the person on the other side.

As she heard the rough stomping, her eyes widened in shock, small heart going wild against her ribcage.

She quickly scrambled back, away from the open door, feeling a shadow swallowed over her entire frame.

They didn't speak.

The figures smell was that of a man, tall and imposing. His face was hidden in the shadow, yet the tiny wolf could feel his dark gaze upon her. Instinctively, she felt like he meant her harm. Every muscle, breath, and limb told her to run away. Bolt. Leave Papa Wolf behind and save herself.

That's the only way to survive.

But she didn't even get that far.

It was like the man above her knew she was about to run.

Because his large gloved hand reached out and grabbed hold of her dingey dirty collar before she could even turn around.

Her feet were off the ground within seconds. Frail legs flailing around for the stability she'd never recieve. She couldn't bring herself to look the man in the eyes. Still, she could feel his eyes burning holes into every nook and cranny of her body.

Sizing up the small wolf.

"..."

"...."

"Name." Huh? "..Nn," She took a big swallow, "Help!" "..." She fruitlessly pointed to Papa wolfs motionless body on the ground, cold air biting at the exposed skin that was her feet and knees. "Pl-please...He's bleeding!" The man had dark blue eyes and his mouth was covered by bandages. But there was still space for a little bit of his lips to poke out, a cigarette dangeling from them. His disturbing eyes trailed over to Papa Wolfs body, unmoving, and dirty from the allyways ground and blood. Then, back to the small girl. "Are your ears artificial? Like she says?"

"My Papas hu-rt," Tears burned her eyes, "Please help..plea--" "Then tell me your name." The mans voice had grown more threatening and demanding. His paitence was growing wary.

She wasn't supposed to tell people her name. She wasn't supposed to be exposed to the public, actually. That's what mother often said. But the one person--Her Papa--Has cared for her ever since he was told of her existence. If telling this menacing stranger her name..would keep him alive.