Chapter 2

~ = TW - If you see this, that means this trigger will come up in todays chapter: Panic Attacks. If you see that, please skip until you see another one of those. That signifys that that part as ended and you can read foreward. If you still can't handle that, I implore you to leave now. Thank you <3
_________________________________________

The cold had passed, some.

Maybe winter wasn't coming..?

Still, the chilly air managed to linger just a hair making her dig her head deeper into his shoulder. He was carrying her now, having seen that she finished her meal quicker than anticipated.

"Nmph.." "I know - kid - I know..!" He spoke hastily. Half-limping and half-walking he held her up with one arm, clutching his still bleeding side with the other.

Irene, he was moving at an incredibly slow pace...

He was trying but--it felt like the entire world suddenly got heavier and made it their goal to force it all onto his body. Nobodys elses.

But..he needs to keep her safe! That's why he has to keep moving! He just got her back he-he can't lost her again!

She looked up at him, worridly, as he slowly began panting, 'Cass..Cassi is just..a block away from here. I can make it.'

"I can make it.." He repeated aloud, loud enough for her to hear.

His voice was hoarse.

Her brows
knitted together.

Too hoarse.

A whine left her as he began to move slower, his ears and tail drooping like gravity fell ontop of them.

She grabbed the neckline of his shirt, trying to form words she didn't know how to say. But when she saw his eyes, even she knew there was no helping him at this point.

Face paled and crusted with dried blood, his dull--almost lifeless eyes rolled into the back of his head as if he was trying to keep himself awake before stopping place, limbs trembling.

"I..can make it..I..can.."

TMP

He fell to the ground. And right ontop of her too. "Pu-Paa! Paa!" She whined, trying to get out from under him.

All his weight was ontop of her now, almost crushing her still developing tail and back. Little grunts left her to no avail as she trued to wake him up and get him off at the same time.

Eventually, something warm snd went managed to trickle off of him and down her side. That was enough to make her yelp like a frightened dog before finally getting out from under him.

She did her best not to make any noise.

Or show how much he hurt her.

She doesn't have the right to complain.

She never has. Still..he was bleeding too much!

Too fast!

Getting to her knees, she ignored the scratches on them that burned when digging into the concreat, soely focused on getting him to wake up.

She weakly shook him the best she could with her little arms, pitiful whines and ineligible pleas leaving her.

But..nothing. He didn't even budge.

Then..she realized.

Mouth parting and going dry at the thought crossing her mind.

Where..