Chapter 8

You woke up to Aaron mumbled to himself about something, he had shifted his hold on you to that you were sitting on a bit of his arm with your knees pressed into the top of his ribs, your head on his shoulder.

"Dad...How long have we been walking for-?"

"A..a bit. But Aph says we're coming on something soon so--Wait...Y/n, you didn't fall asleep did you?"

"A little..why?"

"No, nono sweet pea. You can't do that. Falling asleep in the cold is never a good thing. You could hurt yourself by doing that."

"But..I'm tired...An-And cold..."

"I know, I know," Aaron shakily breathed out, pulling your hood over your head, "But you still can't sleep. Stay awake for a little bit long. Okay?"

"Oh..Okay. Alright." You huffed, clentching your eyes shut.

'Stay awake Y/n. Awake awake awake. Think about this that make you happy. Things you love. Things you like...like Bubbles! Your friends! Your ukulele. Your duets wuth Asher. Logans bad pickup lines. Aarons hug, Aphmaus kisses, the way your Abuela smells after cooking all day. Your life. Being home, hanging out with Laurance and Dante. Sometimes travis, and Katelyn. Gene too!  KC. Making fun if KCs name with Sophia and Nico. Gotta stay awake. Gotta stay awake...'

As you continued to let your head ramble with thoughts Aaron turned to Aphmau who was still leading the way, "Aphmau, how much longer. Y/n...Y/n can't keep staying like this!" "I did tell you to leave her." "She stays with you and me. I didn't think we'd be out here for this long."

"Look, It's this way, I'm sure!" "You said that 20 minutes ago!"

"Well this time I'm really sure!"

"Aph-"

"We're going to find him!"

"Aph!"

"Just a little further-"

"APH!" Aaron shouted, jolting you awake as he stood infront of Aphmau.

"I'm sorry, but I'm saying this now. You are not acting like the Aphmau I know! I understand you're hurting cause your friend is lost, but getting lost ourselves isn't going to help anything! Look at your daughter. She's freezing, hungry, and sleepy! We've been going in circles are we're so far away from the lodge, that we're in serious danger. Y/n is in serious danger. I'd send her back, but she can't be out here by herself! Aph..please...The snow is picking up even more and it's ridiculously cold." Aaron pleaded.

You didn't have the strength to back him up, just mentally plead Aphmau would listen and do as Aaron said.

"You're just jealous." "I am not! Please, just listen to me-" "YOU DON'T DESERVE ME!"

"What!?"

"Huh-?"

You peered back to look at Aphmau, but flinched in surprise to see her eyes glowing green.

Aphmau...She didn't even look like herself now.

You gripped Scrouchy with one hand and held onto Aaron with the other.

"Mom..?" You muttered meekly, ears flat against the top of your head.

Aphmau punched Aaron, hard.

Not hard enough to hurt him, but enough for you and Aaron fly backward in surprise resulting in him dropping you in a blanket of snow. You instinctively curled in on yourself, holding Scrouchy in an attempt to make warmth.