Chapter 33

Music was blaring in your ears, everyone was dancing and talking, the lights were flashing.

The party was going great so far!

But more importantly, you shoved the tamale into your mouth zero hesitation.

Of the smell was that good then the taste had to be even better. And you were right!

"Well~?" "These are great..." "Great!? Yeah right! These are amazing!" You grinned.

"I'm glad you enjoyed them! I might have not allowed you to date my daughter if you didn't!" Sylvana smirked.

"Who would want to be around you anyway..." Rachel scoffed with her own cocky smirk.

"I heard that..." Sylvana bit. You laughed and grabbed another tamale.

"Well, I'm going to go outside and see what I can do to help Eric." "He's still out there?" You gasped. Sylvana sighed, "Yes. He's still out there. He thinks he can make that hot tub work."

"I didn't even come prepared to hope into a hot tub." "Neither did I..."

"That's Eric for you. Once he has his mind set on something, he has to do it. Even if it gets in the way of already made plans..."

"Yeah..I kinda figured since he's been working on it since we started this morning. I just want to lend him a hand one last time and maybe convince him to come in."

"Alright. Just, don't stay outside too long. It's almost going to be midnight!"

"Of course. I'll be back soon babe." Aaron smiled before peering doen at you, "Hey. Don't eat too many of those alright? I still want some too!"

"Make me!" You spoke around the food, sticking your tongue out at Aaron. He rolled his eyes playfully and gave you a slightly ruffle on the head, going outside to help Eric.

"I'm going to go see if anyone needs refreshments ot anything. Coming Y/n?" You thought for a moment before shaking your head.

That made Aphmau pause for a moment.

"Really?" "Yeah. I'll walk around on my own. Oh! But phone please!" "Huh?" "I need to call all my friends and wish them a Happy new year!" Aphmau sighed but smiled and handed you her phone.

"Just don't waste all the battery." "Got it!" Aphmau handed you her phone and gave you a small kiss on the forehead before going off into the crowd.

"At least your daughter has some manners." Rachel smirked.

Oh no...

"Hmph! Where do you think she learned them from?"

Not this again!

"From herself. She is her own person, y'know...I mean, look how Y/n turned out." "Hey now, don't drag me into this." You scoffed, going down the list of contacta.

"Mhm..." "Seriously. I don't know how she managed to survive being related to you." You looked up and cringed at the strange look your abuela was shooting Rachel.

"Abuela...?" "What's with that look..." "What look?" "That one. You've been tossing that look at me through out the night..." "And you've been tossing that look at me all night." "What look..." "Oh! I'm sorry, It's just your face!"

You nearly dropped Aphmaus phone and choked on your tamale all at the same time due to Sylvanas random and sudden insult.

"Abuela! That's mean! Apologized!" You coughed.

"No can do Neita, you know I can only apologize when I actually feel sorry." "Ahh, forget it. I don't want to get any further in this conversation." You hopped of the counter and made to leave before rushing back and taking three extra tamales.