Chapter 32

You continued to squirm and Aarons arms, kicking his leg gently as a sign for him to put you down.

If he didn't want you to say anything, all he had to do was ask.

There was no need to muffle you. He did as motioned and sat you down onto the ground with an apologetic expression.

But it was no less tense than how he was moments before.

"What's going on here?" Aphmau finally decided to speak, making both you and Sylvana smile.

"Ah! Mija! It's so good to see you!" "Hey Mom! I wasn't expecting you here. What's up?" "Ha! I was just...wedding around for you."

The terrible, terrible pun made you slowly (like VERY slowly) turn to Sylvana and give her a deadpanned expression.

"Your kidding me?"

One bad pun and your mood went straight down the drain, that's for sure.

Aaron didn't seem all to pleased either as he actually growled at Sylvanas clever wordplay.

That made you put a hand on his knuckle to calm him down.

"What'd you say Mom?" "Ahahaha! I said I've been waiting around for you." "That's not what you said--"

Once again, you were silenced.

But this time by Sylvanas hand.

This was surely going to get old soon...

"Aaron? Are...You okay?" "You do look a little groomy..." "Sylvana!"

It then clicked.

Aaron didn't exactly want Aphmau to know about Sylvanas little wedding plan just yet.

Even if he has no intention of proposing just yet.

'It'd be wrong to give her false hope,' You think.

You then pumped a mental fist. If Aaron really doesn't Abuela to put stuff like that in the air, then you'd help!

Anything for your Dad!

"Can I get you some medicine Aaron?"

"He's fine Mom! Just a small tickle! Hey! We should unpack the groceries you bought. Me and Aaron'll help!" You smiled, ever so innocently, and grabbed the bags from Aphmau with no problems.

"Thank you Mija, you can sit them on the counter." "Yes ma'am! Oh! But can you come with me? I think they all might be a bit too heavy for me..." You huffed with a pout.

There was no better way at getting Aphmau distracted than acting all cute and respectful to her.

Even if you already do that, there's no harm in going overboard.

"Of course! Come on." Aphmau took one of the bags from your hands effortlessly before retreating to the kitchen.

Aaron gave you a thankful look to which you responded with a thumbs up before following your mother into the kitchen.

Aaron quietly reprimanded Sylvana for the time being and gave her a growl before going to help you and Aphmau.

You couldn't help the exhausted sigh thay passed threw your lips.

This was clearly going to be a long day.

---

Sylvana, Aaron, yourself, and Aphmau unpacked the newly bought food with you and Aaron making sure to keep a watchful eye on Sylvana.

Incase she decided to slip some false truths.

"Soo, Mom. What really brings you here? I know you didn't come over just to help me unpack the grocerys."