Chapter 15

Ein stared at you and Aaron on the top of the mountain, eyes wide. It actually looked so wide, that to you it looked like it hurt. It would've been funny had it not been for the fear bubbling up in your chest.

"How is this possible!? He should be dead! And her...Z you-you fucking failed me-!?"

Zane gave Ein a worried glance, "What should we do?"

Ein ran his hands through his hair. And with still wide but now wild eyes he turned to face Aphmau and Zane, "We still have the advantage. Follow me!"

You opened your eyes, brows furrowing. You couldn't hear what was being said despite the fact that your hearing was much more acute than normal. But you did notice Ein beginning to run away with Zane and Aphmau on his tail.

Aaron gritted his teeth, scooping you up. Your shakey hands gripped onto the fabric of his blood and sweat caked tank top.

Aaron smelt kind of bad..

But also conforting in a way.

"I'm not letting you get away!" Aaron began decending quickly down mountain.

You turned and saw Garroth, Kim, and Lucinda struggling to keep up. There were too far away from you. You didn't like that. They need to be closer. That way, Ein can't catch them again.

Like before.

"Dad," You started.

Aaron ignored you.

You tugged on his shirt a little. "Papa, slow down. Their too far away."

Aaron continued to ignore you.

You sighed, holding him a little tighter. His mind was running a mile per minute, You were in his arms, promised saftey and protection. But you weren't really here.

Not to Aaron.

Aphmau--No, Mom.

Mom was all he cared about right now.

You felt your stomach churning deeper into a pit, nausea creeping its up way your throat. You swallowed air.

At the bottom of the moutain, Ein was no where to be found. He fled. Coward. Aaron--Dad looked around frantically.

His anger growing as every second passed. Every second that he couldn't see him.

"Aaron?" Lucinda rested her hands on her knees, breath heavy.

"What do we do?" Garroths voice laced with panic, "H-how? There are no foot prints! How are we going to find them?"

You sniffed the air. Blood. Aaron, Lucinda. Garroth. Kim. Snow. Wet Dogs. Trees.

...

Blood.

Ignore the blood, please. We--You needed to focus.

You sniffed again.

"..They separated," You felt too small in Aarons arms, "Ein went this way, and-and he took Mom with him."

As you spoke, your eyes lingered to the puddle of red that was following Aaron around as he ran down the mountain.

Then they went to the larger puddle of blood. It was old, but still somewhat fresh. Must've been from last night when..when Aphmau.

The memory made your heart pound painfully in your ribcage. Your screams, Aarons horrified eyes. Aphmaus unapologetic ones.

The bruises and cuts Ein left on your body suddenly felt more prominent. As though they were clawing their way out of your skin to make themselves known to you.