Chapter 4

It was another day at the cabin. You felt safer knowing both of your parents were in a room somewhere. So if you got scared, you could always just search for one of them. Your thoughts were snapped, however, when Garroth sighed.

And it seemed to catch Aaron by surprise too.

"Hey Garroth, are you okay?" "Yeah, I'm just really worried about Kim..."

"She's gonna be fine." Aaron smiled. "Yeah," You butted in, "Everyone's watching her right now. So no need to be worried!"

"I hope she'll be fine. I could've been there sooner if someone hadn't left me stuck in a hole with a buncha mice!" Garroth glared, making you shrink back with a nervous sort of chuckle,

"It's been a few days and she's still not a hundred percent herself. I'm just really worried about her. Who else is gonna do mall day with me? Besides
Y/n, of course."

"N-no..." You slapped Aarons bicep with a glare.

"See? That's what I mean! Kim is the only one who can do a full mall day with me. But, even aside from that, she's a really cool friend..."

Yours ears fell slightly at Garroths words.

You may have not known Kim for very long, but you already considered her to be a friend of sorts.

The thought of her really not being okay..?

It made your stomach feel funny.

Your thoughts would have continued further had it not been for Aaron placing a hand on your head.

"We'll make sure she's okay." He smiled, rubbing behind your ear.

That eased you slightly.

"Yeah. So, this place is looking better already! "Right? I mean, this place looks really nice when it's clean." "Mhm! Not like a scary haunted house anymore."

"Hm...I think you, Y/n, and Aph should take that room."

"What? Why us?"

"Because it's the room your family stayed in when you were younger right? Plus, my folks have a similar room across the way. It only seems appropriate."

"Well, if you're okay with it."

"Hey, Hey! Can I get a room to myself?"

"No way." "Aww, why not..?" "Because we don't know the layout of this place. Something could happen. Not to mention, you'll be alone"

You raise Scrouchy.

"Scrouchy doesn't count."

You lower Scrouchy...

"You had my back at the hotel! What happened?" "Nothing happened. I just think it'd be safer."

"Mm...What about the room infront of yours?"

"Y/n-"

"Pleaseee? I'll leave the door open so you and Aphmau can see me!" Aaron glared down at him while you just gave him the puppy dog eyes.

Pfft...like that was gonna work.

...

Okay, it was working a little.

"C'mon, Aaron. It seems harmless! And Y/n has 6 adults in the lodge. She'll be alright!" Garroth smiled. Aaron stayed silent for awhile, "....Okay, fine." "Wait, really?"

"Yeah, okay. We did make a deal."

Your tail wagged as you hugged Aaron. "THANKS DAD! You won't regret it! I promise!" "Don't make promises you can't keep, Y/n."