Chapter 7

You fiddled with the end of your tail, sitting beside Aaron who was making lunch for you all with his usual vacant expression.

Your mind was still on Michi and the wolf pup you and Aaron had found. It made no sense to you how or why Michi was out here just for a vacation....in the snow.

And the wild animal seemed more human.

Based on what Asher said, he should've been more prone to attack.

Especially with the stress of being hurt. It all made no sense to you.

And Zane...

....

You would've kept up with your thinking if it wasn't for Aaron placing a hand on your head.

"What?"

"Here. Take these to the girls, okay?"

"Kay'!" Aaron set two plates in your hand, holding the third one himself.

"Wait! Put it on my head!"

"...Why am I doing this?"

"I wanna do it like Tiana did in that one movie!"

"The princess and the frog?"

"Yeah!"

Y'know?

Sometimes Aaron really didn't understand your motives...

But if it made you happy--

"Okay. Just don't drop them." "Yeah, yeah. Okay!...? Just pancakes and bacon?" You muttered, staring at the two plates.

"Well, there aren't much ingredients. Let alone utensils. This is the most I could manage on short notice. I just hope its enough to ease everyones minds about Zane."

"I guess so." You shrugged.

You weren't really paying attention to what Aaron said. Your focus was mainly fixed on trying to keep all the plates balanced and to prevent your fluffy ear hair.

You walked out the kitchen wuth Aaron trailing behind you, keeping yourself the plates up and not dropping a single one.

"Foods doooone!" You called.

"I didn't have much to work with, so I hope bacon and eggs are okay. Its not the best but I hope it tastes good." "Here you go!" You grinned, handing Lucinda and Kim plates.

"Wow! Thank you so much, Aaron!"

"Mm, yeah. Thanks a lot! It's nice to eat something actually cooked, we've been eating bagged food and candy bars for the past few days!"

"Mhm...Where'd mom go, her plates right here." "Yeah...where..is Aph?" "She's looking around the cabin again for any clues about Zane."

"We told her to wait around for a bit but..she insisted. Poor girl.."

Your face fell.

Ever since Zane had gone missing, your Moms been working herself silly to find and save him from whatever took him. You don't blame her.

You're worried too.

And scared...

But if she kept up like this, she'll eventually die of exhaustion. You can't work with no energy.

"I'll go look for her." Aaron sighed. "I wanna come too! To give her food." "Alright. Just don't-" "Drop it, I know. C'mon, Aaron, I'm not that clumsy." You sighed.

Aaron chuckled a bit and lead you into the maib area of the cabin, ready to start your search for your Mom.

But, she was already standing there