Chapter 14

You sat on the couch, listening to your mothers daily rambles as she spoke on the phone with Lucinda with wolf ears and tail out.

"Lucinda! You sleep like--18 hours of the day!....My fault!? How is this my fault! You gave me this potion saying it only lasted for an hour! Now its lasted for then two days!....I DID COME TO YOUR HOUSE EACH DAY! BUT YOU WERE SLEEPING! Y/N CONFIRM THIS, SHE WAS WITH ME!....LUCINDA!...Lucinda, Please! I need your help here. The mid cafe is about to open. There are newspaper people here and my picture will be in the newspaper! I wanna look normal for this!"

"Hey! Werewolves are normal!" You butt in with a pout.

"R-Right! Sorry like--Aphmau normal! I--" Lucinda cut her off and began to speak as Aphmaus face contorted into one of annoyance.

"WHATDOYOUMEANNOONEREADSTHENEWSPAPERTHESEDAYS!? THAT DOESN'T----Lucinda!" Aphmau grumbled as Lucinda hung up, shouting.

You rolled your eyes.

"Being a werewolf isn't that bad Mom...We just shed a bunch."

"Yeah, what do you got against being a werewolf anyway?" Gene scoffed, now coming into the room.

"Gene!" "Gene!?" You two spoke, the latter cheering, as you ran over to hug him your tail wagging.

"What? I'm just sayin'...You act like it's a BAD thing..."

"No...! Its not a bad thing at all. I'm sorry if I offended you Y/n. It's just...I'm not a werewolf, So...Its weird." "Why'd you thrn yourself into a werewolf anyway?" You sighed.

"NO REASON!" Aphmau blushed.

Oh.

Okay then.

It must be something to do with Aaron.

"Well, you look really cute as one! Heh...I might like you better this way--Ow!" You pinched Genes side making him look down at you with a pout.

"What was that for?" "Don't be weird..." You advised. "What? Maybe Aaron likes her this way too~" "SHUT UP!" Aphmau grumbled.

"Hm...But tbe cat ears and tail would--"

"Alright, Enough! Don't you think you're being a little creepy now?" Zane questioned, also coming into the room.

"Creepy? Y/n called me weird." "Yeah, that too." Zane scoffed.

"Well, I'm not. I'm just complimenting her on her appearance! She's not feeling a 100% percent so I figured being honest with her just to cheer her up."

"Pfft! HONEST!? You're not being honest with her!" Zane scoffed.

Uh oh.

You knew where this was going.

Zane began to rather insult Aphmau on her appearance not in a bad way but in an honest way.

But that is not at all how Aphmau took it. She began to whine and cry as your ears fell.

You ran to hug her as she picked you up and held you close.

"Its okay Mama, Its okay. I think you look awesome." You smiled.

"Now look what you did! Oh Aphmau, Babe, come here!"

"Nu-uh...She stays with me." You pouted, preventing Zane or Gene from coming any closer you stroked her hair with a smile, comforting your mother.

"WHAT THE--!?"

"You made her cry Zane! On the day of the grand opening of her Maid Cafe! She's supposed to be giving a speech in front of a big crowd soon! She's already got enough pressure from that!"