Chapter 2

"...!"

You jolted awake at a sudden crash, still in Aarons arms.

But this time, he was holding the emerald you two had saw on the ground before.

Aaron noticed your eyes peek up and pocketed the jewel before turning his attention to you.

"You alright? How's your head?" "Mm...Be-Better. But what was that?" "It sounds like someone kicked threw the door..." Lucinda mumbled, gulping slightly as sweat appeared on her face.

"Someone's here?" You jumped, tail going stiff.

"eeeeEEEEE! It must be the murder coming to get us!" "Shush, Kim. Calm down!" "I-I'm going to go check it out." Aaron sighed, placing you on the ground.

"Right behind you." "Same here." "Are you guys crazy!? That's what he wants!"

"I wanna come to!" You nodded, "I can claw the person away!" Aaron sighed at your 'serious' face.

This was serious buisness, so you had to be serious!

"No, Y/n. You stay here where it's safe."

"What? No way! I wanna come too!"

"We don't have time to argue about this. You just got blown back by a boiler you're staying here."

"Garroth got blown back and he's going!"

"Garroth is an adult, you are a child."

You jolted slightly at Aarons words, ears sliding back as you bared your teeth, "Don't you dare start growling at me, young lady." "Watch. Me."

The three friends who had watched your argument exchanged a look, before Garroth tossed Scrouchy to you.

"Here, you've gotta protect Scrouchy. Alright? We'll be back soon." He smiled.

"But--!"

"End. Of. Discussion." You growled at Aaron, but sat down on the ground holding Scrouchy.

"Fine. Go away." You huffed.

Aaron sighed, but left with Kim, Garroth, and Lucinda.

Leaving you all by yourself in the smokey boiler room. But not without a small emerald in your pocket.

"Wow...I'm getting good at this pickpocketing stuff! Gotta thank Dante for that." You beamed, gazing at the item with fascination.

What was it?

It sparkled like a diamond.

But it was green like the grass.

"Is it..edible?" You bit your teeth into it and winced.

"Okay...Not edible."

"..."

"I-I'm not dumb! I was only curious...But still. What is this thing?"

"..."

"An emerald, you say?"

"......."

"Right, Asher told us about this stuff. So cool..!"

"..."

"Jealous? Of Asher? Why?"

"......."

"Oh, c'mon Scrouchy. You know you'll always be my first ever friend! Now back to the task at hand!...Why would this be here though?"

"..."

"Yeah, I dunno either...Huh? What's that Scrouchy?"

You placed the F/A close to your ear, "......................"