Chapter 1

It was cold.

That means, winter was coming soon.

She wore a large hooded sweater that was clearly too big for her small frail body as it nearly reached her tiny dirty feet.

But that didn't matter.

What mattered was the amazing new-found warmth that enveloped her hands. What she had was heavy.

And thick.

And it smelt like lots and lots of goodness packed into one thing!

It was..magic!

Her werewolf ears twitched curiously, tail given just enough room to switch back and forth excitedly.

Was it okay? Was she allowed to indulge in something so nice? Shes never been allowed to have nice things, surely she's not allowed to have this either.

Looking up at him with a watery mouth, she licked her lips. A questioning noise came from her, and he smiled.

Smiled and laughed, putting a large hand on her head to give her a gentle pat. Her ears had flattened from it. His hand was heavy.

"Go ahead," He insisted. His rugged voice sounded incredibly tired but he still made sure to smile.

There was red staining the side of his hip but he still made sure to smile.

He was heartbroken and had no idea what he was going to do next but he still made sure to smile.

Because that's what she needed.

With everything that has happened so far, a smile is what she needed most.

"Eat. You need your strength to be big and strong. Strongest lil' pup know." He grinned.

Then a growl sounded from his own stomach. And that grin shortly turned into a frown. He saw that expression.

And before she could even try to put it down and pass the wamrth over to him, he gently grabbed her wrists and put the goodness into her face.

"I'm okay. Swear. I'm already big n' strong. Full grown pup. So..I don't need it as much as you. Okay?"

Looking between him and the warmth one more time, she caved. She sunk her fangless teeth into the burger with a whine of happiness, biting and biting until her cheeks were all full and she couldn't bite anymore.

A chuckle rumbled through his chest as he brought her a little closer. Relaxing when she didn't flinch away or cry.

He could cry.

Because--Because her!

This little ball of dirt and blood and grime and fluff was his now! And she didn't hate him for it.

A breathless laugh escaped him.

He'd do anything for this little girl, he knew that now. Anything.

"Ma-Make sure to chew, lil' pup..." He laughed. She looked up at him before awkwardly chewing a little slower.

She had to make sure she could swallow good enough to take more delicious bites of warmth!

Or, as he called it, 'burger'.

Either way, it was the best-est amazing-est thing that she's ever had! Even if her voice was still all scratchy from the screamin'...

She hummed in complete and utter bliss.

"Is it good?"

Swallowing her full mouth, she let out yips and huffs of glee to him, tail wagging bad and forth. It triggered his own tail, flinching in surprise when she also saw it sway back and forth shallowly.