Chapter 35 - The Anderson's From New York

Nora stood up and got ready to head out to receive the guest.

However, after she took a couple of steps, she saw that Henry and the others were still seated with their noses in the air and putting on an arrogant display. It was obvious that they didn't care about the guest.

She ignored them and went straight out. At once, she saw an elegant and presentable middle-aged woman standing at the door.

The woman was well-maintained and wore a classy long-sleeved dress. It seemed as if a beauty had walked straight out of a painting, and there was a kind of serene and composed charm around her that was found only in a scholarly family.

Mrs. Lane, who was holding disinfectant spray, originally thought that she would see a meek and dirty country bumpkin entering. Little did she think that the guest would actually look like that instead. For a moment, she didn't even dare to spray the disinfectant she was holding anymore.

Melissa Anderson smiled gently and said, "We meet again, Nora!"

Nora didn't expect to meet her here. Rather surprised, she said, "You…"

Melissa came forward a couple of steps quickly and grabbed her hand. "This is fate, child! It was your own uncle who you saved!"

Inside the house, Angela, who was dying to mock them, couldn't wait anymore. When she saw the two of them speaking at the door, she walked straight toward the door while saying, "Have you disinfected the place, Mrs. Lane? We mustn't just let any random person into the h—"

Her words came to an abrupt end when she saw Melissa!

After a three-second pause, her voice instantly became much louder and she exclaimed sharply, "You're Nora's aunt?!"

Upon hearing her reaction, Wendy and Henry also stood up and walked toward the door.

Wendy whispered, "Angela is still too young and inexperienced. It's because she's never seen a country bumpkin before that she's overreacting so badly. Sigh."

With a look of smugness all over her face, she straightened her back quietly.

When she married Henry back then, everyone had said that she wasn't as pretty as his deceased wife, so she had been holding a huge grudge all these years. But now, she could finally hold her head up high when it came to the family background!

She would show Nora's poor relative what she was made of!

The next moment, she immediately spotted Melissa.

Wendy came from an average family. When she married Henry, she was considered as having married someone of a higher social status. During all these years of socializing with rich men's wives, she had worked hard to learn and copy their style and mannerisms.

She had originally thought that she was doing pretty well, but little did she think that the air around Melissa and her presence when she was merely standing there would already give her a crushing defeat!

For a while, none of them spoke.

Melissa had grown up in a wealthy family. Her emotions had overwhelmed her when she first saw Nora, but now that she had calmed down, she immediately sensed something amiss.

The corners of her lips curled up into a smile. She ignored Wendy and looked at Henry instead as she asked, "You must be my brother-in-law?"

Henry had already recovered from his surprise by then. The arrogance on his face had completely disappeared. Instead, he gave her an ingratiating smile and asked, "You're…?"

Melissa cast her eyes down and said, "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm an artist."

After glossing over the topic, she said, "It doesn't look like I came at a good time, Nora. Let's find somewhere else to talk instead."