Chapter 106 - SweetCherry is Trending!

The building management?

They did indeed come to offer him birthday wishes every year, but that was usually in the evening. Surely they wouldn't intrude upon them at noon, right?

Besides, it was almost twelve. Why wasn't Ms. Smith here yet?

Was she not intending to come anymore?

The thought caused a wave of restless irritability to suddenly well up in Justin and he stood up abruptly. His deep-set eyes stared hard at the door and the beauty mark at the corner of his eye flashed with frosty displeasure.

At the sight, Chester, who was playing games on his cell phone, asked, "Are you waiting for someone, Justin?"

"No, I'm not," replied Justin, who denied it without even a second thought.

He had given the woman an opportunity to get close to him, but she hadn't seized it. It was her loss. What did it have to do with him?

That woman was obviously the one in love with him, but why was he instead the one feeling insecure now?

Justin was stunned.

At the door, a smile formed on Tina's face when she overheard their conversation.

She had really thought that Mr. Hunt had invited her over when she saw Nora at the door just now. From the look of things now though, that wasn't the case. She must have heard from somewhere that it was Mr. Hunt's birthday and specially came to appeal to him!

How shameless.

How dare she set her sights on Mr. Hunt when she already had a kid!

In that case, she would make it such that she couldn't even get past the door!

As soon as the thought formed, Pete ran out of his room and said, "Daddy, I heard that you refused to let Mommy in?"

Justin's eyes darkened at once. As if he had suddenly realized something, he strode toward the door.

He abruptly pulled the door open, revealing a bored Nora outside. The empty-handed woman looked at him lazily, her voice low and leisurely as she asked, "I heard it's not convenient for you to host female guests today, Mr. Hunt?"

For some reason, Justin felt a slight tremor in his heart the instant he saw her, and his unhappiness from just now disappeared without a trace.

A smile appeared on his face and he replied, "It is indeed inconvenient to host other female guests because we're expecting a special little female guest today…"

He tore his gaze away from Nora and looked at the little fellow next to her, upon which the corners of his lips started to spasm.

Cherry's face had been painted dramatically to look like a clown. The area around her eyes was painted black and lipstick stretched out from the corners of her mouth.

The child's original appearance wasn't distinguishable, but she nevertheless still looked cute.

The little fellow's big eyes were filled with grievances. She pointed at Tina and said, "But that middle-aged woman said she's not letting us in!"

Justin frowned and looked at Tina.

Tina was dumbfounded.

She clenched her fists tightly. She hadn't expected that the Smith woman had already won over the little mister!

With an awful look on her face, she said awkwardly, "Mr. Hunt, I wasn't lying to you on purpose. It's because you guys said just now that it's inconvenient for you to host female guests, so I misunderstood! As for saying that it was building management staff…"