Chapter 41 - They Came Too Late!

All three of them were facing the camera. However, ever since the two children realized the truth, they had deliberately started to wear face masks whenever they were in the hallways to prevent anyone from discovering anything.

The camera's resolution was also very low, so it was impossible to differentiate between the two children right away.

Justin hesitated for a moment. Then, he pointed to one of the children first and said, "This seems to be Pete."

Nora scoffed and said, "That's my daughter."

To be honest, not only were the two children exactly the same height, but their physiques were also identical. Nora was only able to recognize Cherry because of the Spider-Man outfit she was wearing.

Unconvinced, Justin asked, "Really?"

He couldn't tell. As such, he fixed his gaze on Chester instead. When he did, a fierce murderous aura immediately emerged from him!

Nora's sarcastic voice rang out beside him. "That seems to be your younger brother, Mr. Hunt."

"…"

Outside the door, three heads were lined up in turn. Their heads were turned sideways, and they had their ears against the door as they quietly listened to the sounds in the room.

Thud! Clang! Bam!

The commotion inside the room made all three of them bewildered.

A puzzled Cherry and Pete looked at Chester. "Uncle Chester, what are Mommy and Daddy doing? Are they tearing down the place?"

Chester replied triumphantly, "They are 'fighting' with each other! It's not something that children have to understand! In any case, their relationship will definitely improve after the fight!"

Cherry was a little worried. She asked, "Is the fight supposed to be this intense?"

Chester raised an eyebrow and answered, "Of course! Lives may even be 'at stake' here! The two of you are exactly the results of their fight in the past!"

"…"

Cherry was confused.

She frowned and asked, "But what if Mommy beats Daddy up so badly that he breaks?"

A sullen-looking Pete even became angry. "How can Daddy lift his hand against a woman? He's too ungentlemanly! No wonder he can't woo Mommy successfully."

Chester was confused.

Then, he continued to listen to the sounds in the room for a while with great interest while secretly being impressed—Justin really was Justin after all. The commotion they were making sure was huge.

However, the sounds stopped after just a short while.

He pressed his ear closer against the door and asked in a low voice, "I can't help but feel bad helping you guys hide the truth from Justin. When are you going to tell him the truth?"

Although Cherry was quick-witted, she didn't have any concrete opinion on this matter. Thus, she looked at her brother.

Pete pursed his lips and answered, "I'll tell him everything after Mommy cures Great-Grandma's illness."

Pete had thought it through very clearly. Blindly keeping this a secret was disrespectful toward his parents, especially when his mother was still searching all over the world for him while going through unimaginable mental torment.

If they didn't fall in love with each other even after spending the next few days together, then he wouldn't force them anymore.

Just as Chester was about to say something, the door suddenly shook—someone was banging on the door from inside.