Chapter 108 - Daddy, Are You Asleep?

Night had fallen.

The little Pete was currently reading at the big desk. Upon hearing what Justin said, he looked up from the book silently and glanced at the bottles. He stretched out his arms, opened the bottles, and took a couple of looks at it. Then, he said, "I'm not taking them."

Justin replied, "…These vitamins are nutrition supplements. You have to take them."

Pete fell silent for a moment before he asked, "Can they boost brainpower?"

"… Probably?"

As soon as he said that, Pete pushed the bottles to him and said, "You'll need them very much, then."

Justin, "?"

His expression instantly darkened and he said sarcastically, "Peter! Hunt! I have an IQ of 301!"

301 was the highest IQ among human beings thus far!

It was just that he was a low-key person who never behaved ostentatiously. Neither had the test results ever been publicly announced.

Pete, however, glanced at him disdainfully and said, "It's said that people with high IQs have low EQs. True enough, you're really very stupid. It's been so long, yet you haven't landed Mommy yet."

They were supposed to be reunited today, but he had displeased Mommy again.

Sigh!

Poor tyrant.

He pushed the two bottles of vitamins toward Justin again and said, "Remember to take them every day. They can boost both your brainpower and EQ."

"…"

Justin walked out of Pete's room sullenly. The man, who had always been shrewd and unreadable, often found himself so exasperated by Pete that even his chest hurt.

He couldn't help but think of the little girl that Ms. Smith had brought today…

To be honest, before meeting Cherry, he had been somewhat averse to her.

He couldn't help feeling somewhat uncomfortable whenever he thought of how she was a child that the woman had with an idiot. He had thought that even if he did accept Nora, he wouldn't be able to accept a child that she had with another man.

But for some reason, even though the little fellow had been painted to look like a clown, her voice was so young and tender. She sounded just like how his son did during his occasional bouts of abnormality.

Did all children add a 'yeah' at the end of their sentences?

Then, he thought of the unceasing flow of praises that had poured out of her mouth that had been painted big and red. The things she said—such as how he was 'even more handsome than Prince Charming' and how his 'good looks were out of this world'—were clearly very explicit, yet they sounded so nice when she was the one saying them.

After that, the little fellow even naturally held his hand.

Children were all soft and tender. He wanted to push her away, but what he instead did was carefully hold her, for fear that he might accidentally break her hand if he was too forceful…

After comparing them like that, it seemed like a daughter was more lovable after all.

For some inexplicable reason, he was actually starting to miss how Pete had behaved during his relapses.

Justin felt that he must be out of his mind. Otherwise, why would he possibly think of having his son turn into a girl again?

His gaze fell onto the two bottles of 'vitamins' that he had brought back with him. In the end, he actually really opened the bottles and took a couple of pills.