Chapter 142 - Joel Smith Is Cracking

Justin’s eyes widened in shock. He hastily went over and picked up his daughter, who broke into a frown. In her dazed state, she saw Justin and said, “Daddy, Cherry’s stomach hurts so much…”

A stomachache…

Justin hastily carried her downstairs, but Cherry instead cried out, “I want Mommy… Mommy…”

Mommy…

On the way to the hospital, Justin took out his cell phone and called Nora in the end.

The phone rang for a very long time before it was finally picked up. The recipient also sounded displeased as she said, “You’d best have something important to say.”

Justin said, “… Pete’s having a stomachache. I’m taking him to the hospital now.”

There was only a one-second pause before her voice became much clearer—obviously, she had woken up.. She said, “I’ll come over right away.”

At the VIP ward in Hospital Finest.

Justin sat on the edge of the bed and looked at the tiny little child lying down. IV fluid was flowing into her body through the needle on her hand. Cherry, who finally wasn’t hurting anymore, had fallen asleep.

Suddenly, the door was pushed open and a figure rushed over in front of him like the wind.

Justin saw Nora come up to Cherry slickly but anxiously. She reached out her hand and checked her pupils. Then, she held her other hand as if she was checking her pulse. After that, she stood up and took a look at the IV fluid prescribed to Cherry. After checking all these, the woman, who had a chilly look on her face, finally said, “It’s normal stomach flu.”

However, she didn’t relax much even after saying that.

Cherry was born prematurely. She might look stronger and sturdier than Pete, but that was only because Nora had spent a lot of hard work and effort nursing her back then.

Compared to most people, things were more troublesome when she fell sick.

Nora took out a bag of pills from her pocket, took one out, and stuffed it into Cherry’s mouth.

The action woke Cherry up, and she opened her eyes in a daze. When she saw Nora, she let out a soft mew of ‘Mommy’ like a kitten. After that, she swallowed the pill, which had melted in her mouth the moment it entered, and fell asleep again.

This time, however, she looked much better.

After Cherry’s condition stabilized, Nora, who was dressed completely in black, suddenly stood up, hooked her finger at Justin, and walked out.

Justin stood up slowly. The corners of his lips curled upward slightly and the beauty mark at the corner of his eye exuded an alluring charm.

He followed Nora out of the ward and saw her turning into the stairway at the side. Before she went in, she even specially looked back at him.

Her almond-shaped eyes were warm and inviting.

Justin walked over again. He had only just turned the corner when someone suddenly grabbed him by the shoulder and pushed him toward the wall. By the time he was held against the wall, the woman had already come right up to him.

She gripped his collar with one hand and held him down forcefully while also holding his hands down with her other hand, thereby trapping him in place.

Justin didn’t resist. He leaned against the wall docilely and looked at the woman in front of him with a smile. Although she was half a head shorter than him, the look in her eyes was wild and untamed as she lifted her head and stared at him. She asked, “Mr. Hunt, why did you come to me when your son fell sick?”